Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question of being "well-liked"...and ultimately...its significance in the overall grand scheme of things...was effectively raised by Arthur Miller in his classic play Death of a Salesman...the exchange between the lead character Wily Loman (so aptly named) and his next door neighbor is a veritable classic...

Loman:  He was well-liked...that's the main thing...

Neighbor:  Why is it important that one be well-liked?  Who liked J.P. Morgan?

Nice.  Too many people get wrapped up in what others think of them instead of being true to themselves.

Says one of the most hated guys on this board lol. Anywho, I appreciate the good laughs. The guys at work got a kick out of it tonight for sure!

:lol:

A few of you hate Forky, and in the process of showing all of us how much you guys hate him, you're only making yourselves less and less liked.

Bayonne, 1953:  Standing there and looking out over Newark Bay...one would see tugboats hauling barges over the oil-slicked water...oil tankers & freighters carrying their cargoes...and planes (no jets yet)...flying in and out of Newark Airport.  On hot summer nights the steady din of planes, boats, trucks, and freight trains filled the air.  So did the fumes they exhaled, which, when mixed with the incinerator smoke and oil refinery gases, formed a foul atmospheric concoction that would ultimately become world famous for its unforgettable stench...

we met you at a get together and you looked ~early 30's

The fact that you support him tells us all we pretty much need to know about you.

?? It tells us he appreciates intelligent posters. I'm not getting into another Forky debate. Yes he trolls..yes he adds value when he doesn't troll...yes he doesn't care what anyone on here thinks of him. Get over it. JM is great. I don't agree with him in PR half the time but he's smart and is usually a good read. He should be a mod, and not just during storm mode.

?? It tells us he appreciates intelligent posters. I'm not getting into another Forky debate. Yes he trolls..yes he adds value when he doesn't troll...yes he doesn't care what anyone on here thinks of him. Get over it. JM is great. I don't agree with him in PR half the time but he's smart and is usually a good read. He should be a mod, and not just during storm mode.

That would be incorrect.

Are the green people suppose to land after the 3-4 inches of rain ends, and the dew points rise through the 50's. If they have eyes over the head and little smiles on their faces, smile back.

That explains a lot of your past statements over the winter, I'm still waiting for my snow pile till May and leaf out till flag day.

The fact that you support him tells us all we pretty much need to know about you.

I don't support him, I just don't hate him and I don't whine and take every post he makes seriously as you do. What he or pretty much anyone here posts doesn't bother me much. If it's really that bad for you put him on ignore.

I don't support him, I just don't hate him and I don't whine and take every post he makes seriously as you do. What he or pretty much anyone here posts doesn't bother me much. If it's really that bad for you put him on ignore.

He pretty much goes out of his way to put posters down and he needs to be stopped. And the fact that 99% of what he does is swept under the rug is pathetic.

He pretty much goes out of his way to put posters down and he needs to be stopped. And the fact that 99% of what he does is swept under the rug is pathetic.

Just to rehash for the 500th time, that's how Forky has always been as far as I can remember, and I've been here for a long time now. He's not picking on you specifically or singling you out, and he stirs the pot. He's not going to be banned or suspended, that's just how it is. I don't think a red-tag has ever been banned or suspended, other than maybe DT, who was 1000x worse than Forky. I'd put him on ignore if he really gets to you.

Just to rehash for the 500th time, that's how Forky has always been as far as I can remember, and I've been here for a long time now. He's not picking on you specifically or singling you out, and he stirs the pot. He's not going to be banned or suspended, that's just how it is. I don't think a red-tag has ever been banned or suspended, other than maybe DT, who was 1000x worse than Forky. I'd put him on ignore if he really gets to you.

I don't understand and probably will never understand why that's just something that can be accepted here as normal practice.

And if you pay extra close attention he does single me out. How many posts did he make stating that I should be five posted?

And FYI, Analog96 is a red tagger that was banned.

I don't understand and probably will never understand why that's just something that can be accepted here as normal practice.

And if you pay extra close attention he does single me out. How many posts did he make stating that I should be five posted?

And FYI, Analog96 is a red tagger that was banned.

Forgot about him, but he was also much worse than Forky. He was very inflammatory and contributed little.

There is one of the more impressive radar returns I've seen this year coming out of central Mississippi right now. There is most likely a very large tornado on the ground.

Yep

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  NORTHWESTERN NOXUBEE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI...  SOUTHEASTERN OKTIBBEHA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI...  NORTHEASTERN WINSTON COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI...* UNTIL 530 PM CDT* AT 437 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED LARGE...VIOLENT AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS  TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR CENTER RIDGE...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30  MPH.

Guest Pamela

Was that you in "Toast" the other day reading Mark Levin?

No...though I'm saving up to buy a cup of coffee in there one day...

Guest Pamela

we met you at a get together and you looked ~early 30's

Well, you know what they say...the illusion has become the reality...or is it the other way around?

<Ponders>

Guest Pamela

No idea how to respond to that lol

Don't worry...its not your fault the rapper stole part of your screen name.

Archived