Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Okay, so someone explain to me the difference between the off topic thread and the spring 2014 banter thread. Go.

I'll do it for 10 bucks...but that's my final offer.  Make the check payable to "William".  

Guest Pamela

None the less.

I guess you could turn it into 3 separate words...I think.  1533 was the year when the three words were compounded, IIRC.

Apologies. None the less most of this stuff should be taken there.

I disagree. I like being able to talk to about anything in banter with folks from my area during slow times. Not sure exactly why you were warned. I understand why you're annoyed, but I'd drop it at this point before you get suspended.

Guest Pamela

Have you ever posted anything weather-related? Your short americanwx career seems chiefly focused on being a thorn in forkyfork's side and complaining about that one time you got a warning for posting something ridiculous.

Thats' completely unfair...Seanick always posts how it is windy on his houseboat...if that isn't weather related...well, I don't know what is!!!

Lol.

Guest Pamela

Interesting tidbid...

The average high in Minneapolis MN (KMSP) exceeds the average high in Islip (KISP) starting on 4/17 and remains higher until the end of August. 

Well they're in the middle of the continent Islip is on the water so more or less stands to reason...the nearby Dakotas can get extremely hot during the summer with all time highs around 120 F having been achieved during the Dust Bowl era.

Guest Pamela

So many tornado emergencies today. Scary stuff. My heart goes out to the people affected.

I always think of Kim Kardashian when you post....or at least, her engaged in relations.

Guest Pamela

your whole life is off topic

That sounds like a quasi-variation on a well known Al Pacino line uttered during the penultimate scene in the 1979 film And Justice For All...wherein Pacino's character castigates the trial judge with seemingly breathless invective...ultimately claiming...in response to the judge's assertion that Pacino is "out of order" that in fact...the "whole trial is out of order".

Guest Pamela

Says one of the most hated guys on this board lol. Anywho, I appreciate the good laughs. The guys at work got a kick out of it tonight for sure!

Bayonne, 1953:  Standing there and looking out over Newark Bay...one would see tugboats hauling barges over the oil-slicked water...oil tankers & freighters carrying their cargoes...and planes (no jets yet)...flying in and out of Newark Airport.  On hot summer nights the steady din of planes, boats, trucks, and freight trains filled the air.  So did the fumes they exhaled, which, when mixed with the incinerator smoke and oil refinery gases, formed a foul atmospheric concoction that would ultimately become world famous for its unforgettable stench...

Bayonne, 1953: Standing there and looking out over Newark Bay...one would see tugboats hauling barges over the oil-slicked water...oil tankers & freighters carrying their cargoes...and planes (no jets yet)...flying in and out of Newark Airport. On hot summer nights the steady din of planes, boats, trucks, and freight trains filled the air. So did the fumes they exhaled, which, when mixed with the incinerator smoke and oil refinery gases, formed a foul atmospheric concoction that would ultimately become world famous for its unforgettable stench...

Yep. Smells bad over in that area. I work on the Staten Island ferry and captain other vessels too. We pass that all the time.

Guest Pamela

He's well liked on this board.Only a few don't like him.

The question of being "well-liked"...and ultimately...its significance in the overall grand scheme of things...was effectively raised by Arthur Miller in his classic play Death of a Salesman...the exchange between the lead character Wily Loman (so aptly named) and his next door neighbor is a veritable classic...

Loman:  He was well-liked...that's the main thing...

Neighbor:  Why is it important that one be well-liked?  Who liked J.P. Morgan?

Guest Pamela

What? lol

As a cop...you well know that silence is far often the best option for a suspect during custodial interrogation...since silence betrays nothing.  Hence Miranda and her progeny...

Guest Pamela

The guys at work got a kick out of it tonight for sure!

The people on my job dubbed me The Little Worker...because I do very little work.

Other nicknames include The Good Narcissist...though that would appear to be a contradiction in terms.

Archived