Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Haha I didn't realize what you were eluding too. It was my nickname in high school and had nothing to do with hip hop. Regardless good stuff as usual "old" man.

*smirks*

What's better to run in this or 100 degree heat?

This weather by far. Who wants to risk heat exhaustion or heat stroke when you can run in sweats and a hoodie and feel comfortable throughout the run. I'd feel safer exerting myself more in chilly weather than blaring heat/humidity.

Also, just a side note, it's a myth that running in heat burns more calories. If your running "economy" is unaffected, calories burned will be the same.

http://www.active.com/running/articles/does-the-weather-affect-how-you-burn-calories

"The International Comprehensive Ocean-Atmosphere Data Set (ICOADS) is ”probably the most complete and heterogeneous collection of surface marine data in existence,” according to NOAA, and consists of a digital database of 261 million weather observations made by ships, weather ships, and weather buoys spanning the years 1662 to 2007."

http://gcaptain.com/google-animates-315-years-ocean-data/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Gcaptain+%28gCaptain.com%29

Yeah she's going through finals right now for law school. Then she starts bar prep the Tuesday after Memorial Day. Takes the NY bar the first week of August and then it's off to the races. She's been studying non stop.

Yea, I heard the NY Bar is no joke.  I believe it is by FAR the most widely taken bar exam in the US.

Archived