joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014 Official Spring Discussion

mackerel_sky

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RDU got down to 31 this morning. I was going to post that this would be the last time people outside the mountian see freezing temps for the next 6 months, but just looked at the 6z GFS and it has another cold snap for day 10 or 11. Still think this is probably it, but how this year has worked out you never know.

I really wish the rain would stay away this weekend. Kids are supposed to have an Easter egg hunt Saturday morning and my son has t-ball practice Saturday afternoon. I also need to cut the grass. I hate rain, but I really hate it on the weekend when there is actually time to do stuff outside. WRAL saying most of the rain should stay east of 95 so maybe we will get lucky.

Clearly you don't know the real meaning of Easter.

18z GFS  via MeteoStar tries to bring the moisture up this way on Saturday and give us a little better than 1.75". the 500 LP closes off on Fri night over SW Georgia, and slowly drifts out to the coast and kinda stalls before moving away late Sunday. Almost looks like a stacked system with the surface low by mid-day Sat., unless I'm reading the model wrong. Someone's going to get wet, regardless.

Looks stacked to me too ;)  

Nowhere miserable as your hate for rain, heat, sun, cold, wind etc.

:lol: 

Hopefully it will be a below normal to normal summer temp wise, with a surplus of moisture  :D  

Wrong. The only thing I hate is rain and really cold and dry. I love snow as well as sunny and warm. I also like following severe weather and hurricanes. There's no reason for you to be mean spirited so much.

I'll bump this the first time you complain about upper 90's-100f. Or when you get shafted by a severe T'storm.

I'll bump this the first time you complain about upper 90's-100f. Or when you get shafted by a severe T'storm.

Funny. I never complain about the heat. I enjoy hot and sunny a lot more than cold and rainy or just plain cold. And missing a severe storm is not a big deal, either. I enjoy following sevre weather wherever it is. It is only when I miss out on snow in winter that I complain.

Funny. I never complain about the heat. I enjoy hot and sunny a lot more than cold and rainy or just plain cold. And missing a severe storm is not a big deal, either. I enjoy following sevre weather wherever it is. It is only when I miss out on snow in winter that I complain.

post-987-0-61048400-1397845407_thumb.jpg

This past week has had some of the most enjoyable mid April weather in Savannah I've ever seen. After several very pleasant to cool great walking weather days with low humidity (walked three miles each time), we're now getting a nice steady rain that has gotten pretty heavy over the last 15-30 minutes. The lawns must be loving this. A great day to relax inside...a great Good Friday. :)

This past week has had some of the most enjoyable mid April weather in Savannah I've ever seen. After several very pleasant to cool great walking weather days with low humidity (walked three miles each time), we're now getting a nice steady rain that has gotten pretty heavy over the last 15-30 minutes. The lawns must be loving this. A great day to relax inside...a great Good Friday. :)

a driving heavy rain here.  You'd think a tropical system was nearby with these gusts.

They've cut tomorrow's precip in half. Now calling for 1/4 - 1/2" instead of 3/4 - 1". Guess it'll soon be time for ground truth instead of watching forecasts.

Now they've dropped tonights in half, too... 1/10 - 1/4" instead of 1/4 - 1/2". Move away from the computer, Tom! Far, far away!

Sounds like a "half-thought-out" SAT Question.

What's the answer?!

Anyway... GSP a bit "bullish" on rainfall amounts for NW Ga. and NW Sc.

A couple inches, guys?  Maybe more?

They've cut tomorrow's precip in half. Now calling for 1/4 - 1/2" instead of 3/4 - 1". Guess it'll soon be time for ground truth instead of watching forecasts.

Now they've dropped tonights in half, too... 1/10 - 1/4" instead of 1/4 - 1/2". Move away from the computer, Tom! Far, far away!

Been raining for 8 hrs now, and we have 3.2".  Probably another inch over the next day.  Good soaking rain with lots of wind.

0.83" so far. 

Archived