joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next few days of runs will be telling to refine the track and see if the Euro still goes somewhere

under 960 mb around 40N. But it has been signaling a very deep low potential somewhere off the 

coast for days now.

actually IMO we will have a very good idea after todays model runs - the accurate sampling will be injected into the models - also this looks like the main impact will be felt right along the coast anyone west of NYC metro will have minimal impact - models have been consistent with the too far east solutions - ridge out west continues to be flattened which forces storm further east

12Z models 3/22 :lmao: 50% :( 50%

00Z models 3/23 :weep::cry: for the most part

12Z models 3/23 :weep::baby::cry::axe: Miss a 1 in a 100 year event by 275 miles

We also missed a 1 in a million year astronomical event last Thursday morning due to clouds. :cry:

Another dud SVR weather season this summer... w/ colder than normal water. The backdoor summer of 2014 would really be BM on a stick for us. The El Nino starting later up this spring gives bad summer weather matches like 1992, 1997 and 2009 :axe: .

NOOOOOO!!!

We need you forecasting biblical amounts of 24-36" with 10 foot drifts lasting until June!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a factor due to issues Timing ( will come at night into morning ) and anamolous cold. If this baby shifts west due trough going negative, an earlier phase and or baroclinic zone none of this will matter @ all because QPF will explode & e will be in CCB. Lets let her play out today. This will be an exciting day to say the least.

huh ? IF is a big word and no evidence yet it will turn negative in time and you are so sure about the time of day timing ?- most forecasts have this starting tuesday afternoon 

huh ? IF is a big word and no evidence yet it will turn negative in time and you are so sure about the time of day timing ?- most forecasts have this starting tuesday afternoon 

WPC doesnt think its a big IF. Look how bullish prior to last nights bullish Euro ( Update at 1250am )

post-8482-0-79504400-1395496467_thumb.gi

And you are so sure you are correct that it will have trouble accumulating because you're sure it will be mid day and to warm with sun angle? He was right that the biggest factor is track. .. Not time of day and sun angle as you suggested.

And you are so sure you are correct that it will have trouble accumulating because you're sure it will be mid day and to warm with sun angle? He was right that the biggest factor is track. .. Not time of day and sun angle as you suggested.

Thank you Pens. I think by 230pm today we will know if we have the beginning of a trend or not. Im more optomistic because the size of jump taken by the Euro Ensembles, which does well in this time frame, was  not a modest one. One more smilar jump, for the right reasons ( Ie. ridging out west , a slightly earlier phase) will make this place sheer mayhem in the coming days.

Does this support a closer to the coast track on the 6z GFS? It closes off west of the BM. The surface doesn't match up to my untrained weenie eyes. Mets?gfs_z500_vort_neus_17.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_16.png

I'm not sure about that. I've often seen intense lows have areas of lesser vorticity wrap around their center often in the eastern or northeastern sectors. I can't say with precision where the surface low would be strictly from the 500 mb chart as more is involved, but the surface depiction is not unreasonable given what I've seen in the past if one places the lower vorticity into the northeastern sector.

Note: My reference deals strictly with the placement of the surface low on the GFS relative to its depicted 500 mb pattern. This reference makes no assumptions whether the GFS or ECMWF are more likely to be accurate.

03222014_1.jpg

Hasnt the last few storms the last minute trends were too much energy on the back side? If so isnt that what we would want in for this storm?

The last few storms have NOTHING to do with this storm. They arent analgeous in the least as this is a Miller A. Moreoevr , its relation with the PV is , one of the bigger differences: the elongation of the PV in this case will actually prove helpful to the cause of proximity of the SLP to the coast.

MT Holly mentions the Rex Block  being stronger than modeled.

THE MODELS DID NOT BACK OFF, IN FACT BECAME MORE BULLISH, WITH THE OFFSHORE LOW FOR TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. ANYONE WHO HAS PLANS THAT WILL BE AFFECTED BY ADVERSE WEATHER TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY ARE ADVISED TO FOLLOW THE TRACK OF THIS LOW IN THE DAYS AHEAD. THIS COULD VERY WELL BRING MULTI FACETED CONCERNS FROM HEAVY SNOW TO WINDS AND TIDAL FLOODING.

THE GFS AND ECMWF INITIALIZATION DIDNT IMPRESS AND WHILE THE ERRORS WERE NOT BLATANT, THERE WERE MULTIPLE 10-20M ONES IN CANADA AND ALASKA CENTERED ON THE REX RIDGE BEING STRONGER AND RIDGING ENTERING BC. THE SIGNIFICANT SHORT WAVES ARE ENTERING THE DENSER RAOB NETWORKS AND WE WILL HAVE TO WATCH THE NEXT ONE TO TWO SOUNDING RUNS TO SEE IF THE 00Z TREND TOWARD MORE AMPLIFICATION CONTINUES. THERMALLY AND CLOSER TO HOME A WRF-NMMB AND GFS BLEND SEEMED TO INITIALIZE THE BEST.

Yes, mainly on sidewalks and grass at least in Brooklyn, not really on asphalt as I recall.

That's not true at all. Was in park slope in 82 10 inches of snow. It stuck everywhere

Snow plows were out

This will too if it ticks west.

Exactly. .. That whole argument is ridiculous and to say that will be the biggest determining factor in accumulations is irresponsible at best

I think you need a history lesson - the only reason that it accumulated in the middle of the day on April 6, 1982 was because temps were dropping through the mid 20's - the storm next  week will not have those kind of very cold temps during the daylight hours 

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEWR/1982/4/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I think you need a history lesson - the only reason that it accumulated in the middle of the day on April 6, 1982 was because temps were dropping through the mid 20's - the storm next week will not have those kind of very cold temps during the daylight hours

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEWR/1982/4/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

The temps are progged to be plenty cold pazzo

Archived