amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you are so sure you are correct that it will have trouble accumulating because you're sure it will be mid day and to warm with sun angle? He was right that the biggest factor is track. .. Not time of day and sun angle as you suggested.

It will depend on timing and location.  Those who are "fringed" (not in the heavy bands) might appear to get a few inches on the models, but if its during the day, chances are alot will melt on contact.

Keep in mind, POP cares nothing for amount... 0.01" verifies a 100 POP.

Understood, a lot has gone right in the last 12 hours & if the next 12 hours go equally right we will have gone a long way towards something quite special if those progged bombing rates are correct.

I think you need a history lesson - the only reason that it accumulated in the middle of the day on April 6, 1982 was because temps were dropping through the mid 20's - the storm this week will not have those kind of very cold temps during the daylight hours 

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEWR/1982/4/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA[/quote

Euro 850s are minus 10. The surface is in the upper 20s from hour 96 thru 108 with this.

There was just 8 inches of snow in DC last week during the day with temps in the upper 20s similar climo

So it's a non argument as the euro has the 1 inch liquid line 35 miles SE of KNYC. As it is the 0z euro op is 8 inches from the Nassau Suffolk border east . One more tick west

And it's a major snowstorm from I 95 east.

It will depend on timing and location. Those who are "fringed" (not in the heavy bands) might appear to get a few inches on the models, but if its during the day, chances are alot will melt on contact.

Exactly. You will want to be under the heavier stuff in this regard. .. Also those who are fringed well not experience enough dynamic cooling to help.

The temps are progged to be plenty cold pazzo

First of all I am NOT Pazzo - and who exactly is progging temps to be plenty cold ? Here is Uptons forecast

TUESDAY  

MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS  

IN THE UPPER 30S. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.    

TUESDAY NIGHT  

CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS IN  

THE LOWER 30S.    

First of all I am NOT Pazzo - and who exactly is progging temps to be plenty cold ? Here is Uptons forecast

TUESDAY

TUESDAY NIGHT

THE LOWER 30S.

Look at the models.

TUESDAY  

TUESDAY NIGHT  

THE LOWER 30S.    

You do know these forecasts change based off the models

TUESDAY  

TUESDAY NIGHT  

THE LOWER 30S.    

That's not how u analyze snow fall. U have to look at the hours at which precip is falling and match up the surface temps. Hr 96 thru 108 it's in the upper 20s.

TUESDAY

TUESDAY NIGHT

THE LOWER 30S.

Congrats on showing Upton's forecast. You're better than this.

NOOOOOO!!!

We need you forecasting biblical amounts of 24-36" with 10 foot drifts lasting until June!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

I post a pic of people jumping off a cliff (which I still say some will do by Sunday) and it gets deleted. C*** like this stays? Lol makes sense

Unless you get 1 inch rates it won't in late March with surface temps around 30.

Fair but .8 is to jfk. 1 inch is at Bayshore and points east.

The 1 Inch line sits 35 miles SE of NYC. As per 0z euro. It's right there.

I remember receiving several inches of snow in April. I forgot which year it was though. If the rates are good, it will have no problem sticking.

That was April 2006 when the temps were in the low 40's shortly before the snow began.

Question: How strong was the March 2001 storm modeled for our area to be?

Sun angle?

It's late March..unless it snow's at night, or you get great rates during the day..say an inch an hour,it will not stick on warm surfaces,roads,sidewalks,even grass..two storms I remember that did stick during the day were April 82 and April 03..and the rates were an inch an hour..at night it doesn't matter as long as it's below 32.Please watch the yankee opening day game in 1996..it was coming down hard during the game with temp near freezing and nothing sticked,it finally did when the sun was going down

That's not how u analyze snow fall. U have to look at the hours at which precip is falling and match up the surface temps. Hr 96 thru 108 it's in the upper 20s.

So you are saying Upton is wrong ? If so give them a call please - see what their response is and let us know

So you are saying Upton is wrong ? If so give them a call please - see what their response is and let us know

No ,  Upton is giving you a 24 hour temp max. But the individual 6 hour increments when its precipitating its in the upper 20`s .

Easy to see no ?

Archived