• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

PM moderator regarding your 5 PPD. The EURO has almost always had the upper hand on Miller A storms and the GFS has been too progressive. The EURO control hasnt been too bad this season and the ensembles sniffing this out and being consistent is FAR more promising than what the GFS shows right now.

Agree-Euro is often superior on the deeper, big QPF events. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come I can only post 5 posts a day. My iq is 141 I'm smart enough to contribute!

Also I really have a good feeling about this storm especially with the cmc and euro being on board. I'd rather see the euro take lead on a classic miller A storm, than GFS any day. GFS seems to do better with Miller B storms though. Wow if the euro control run verifies, come Tuesday night it will feel like Dec 26 2010! Thundersnow anyone?

Pardon my nativity, but what's a "miller A & B" storm? Thx

The CNJ Plowsman

Pardon my nativity, but what's a "miller A & B" storm? Thx

The CNJ Plowsman

Miller A storm is a storm that originates from the gulf and our biggest storms have been Miller A variety (93' 96' 10' ) to name a few. Miller B storm is a storm that redevelops off the atlantic coast ( 03' 06' ) are a couple good examples

Even if this thing misses OTS, but has a pressure in the 960s, it's going to be a sight to watch the swells roll in off the ocean.

Ding ding ding. Surfers love a good out to sea miss. As long as its close enough to put us (south facing Long Island) on the backside northerly flow. Big swell and offshore winds equal epic east coast swell. And the biggest an best swell in the last 20 years was a march offshore low special 3/11/03.

Ding ding ding. Surfers love a good out to sea miss. As long as its close enough to put us (south facing Long Island) on the backside northerly flow. Big swell and offshore winds equal epic east coast swell. And the biggest an best swell in the last 20 years was a march offshore low special 3/11/03.

Too bad the water is freezing right now.

This storm is going to end up being the number 1 analog for this event the way it looks now in a neutral enso year March 28 -29 1984 - almost to the day 30 years ago

http://www.weather.com/blog/weather/8_19104.html

that storm had an eye with it...If the temperature was two degrees lower KNYC would have gotten 10" or more instead of 3-4" of slush...Tobyhanna Pa. got 26" from that event...

Wetsuit technology has made tremendous advances in the last 15 years. A guy surfed Lake Superior earlier this winter before it froze and the water air combo was 33/-20 now that's crazy! Mid 30s water and similar air is really no big deal!

I completely forgot about wetsuits lol. Thank god everyone called me out on it! Hopefully this storm trends a little further west to nail everyone, a 970mb low inside the benchmark preferably.

I have a feeling this place will either explode with action/weenie suicides already lol. This is an important EURO run tonight for me.

Would have possibly been worth staying up for the Euro before DST. Do yourself a favor and head to bed after the GFS inevitably fills us all with visions of mediocrity. Or not—I'm not the police.

Best benifit to living near the ocean. Even if a powerful storm is OTS or a crushing rainmaker, it's always amazing to go to the beach and watch the ocean.

Would love for tonight's euro to hold steady. Probably asking a lot, but at this point, and probably through tomorrow, I wouldn't look at anything but the euro and its ensembles.

Is this a Tues afternoon/night threat, a Tues Night/Wed AM threat, or a late Tues PM/ Wed daytime threat. I see the low is over the bm @ 12z Wed yet Albany's discussion is talking about a Tues afternoon event and sun on Wed...

Late Tues/early Wd. as of now but who knows if Sunday's miss slots into 50/50 position as some models indicating this may slow down the entire dynamic.

I honestly just have a feeling that once again these models will show a big solution, then begin to slowly loose it starting tonight. Hopefully I am completely wrong. We can't even make anything of these runs until they get properly sampled, because the last two storms that provided a drastic change. So basically, these runs mean absolutely nothing other than noise to me.

I honestly just have a feeling that once again these models will show a big solution, then begin to slowly loose it starting tonight. Hopefully I am completely wrong. We can't even make anything of these runs until they get properly sampled, because the last two storms that provided a drastic change. So basically, these runs mean absolutely nothing other than noise to me.

and thats why you are here at midnight because they mean 'Nothing' to you ? :D..Just enjoy the ride , I understand you r trying to control your enthusaidm & dont want hopes dashed but Im sure u wont mind if phase now takes place sooner and GFS shows a 975 at ACY in 5.5 days!

Like I said I wouldn't worry about the GFS being east. Remember the thanksgiving storm 2013 the GFS showed a Miller A going out to sea though. And Euro and Canadian had it also...Canadian had an inland runner and euro had it tucked in. It ended up being a rainstorm for us but hey the point is I would pay more attention to the Canadian and Euro (a blend of both ecmwf/GGEM).

Archived