joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nice to finally see a noreaster progged with some precip to the left of the slp. Now if we can get that gyre to march west on future runs then we'll be talking.

That thing only looks like it does because it is over the gulf stream blowing up...if it ticks west some or a lot., it won't be that impressive.

This is MOST likely going to be a Cape storm, it's going to boom to late at this point, things could change, but I want to see this thing evolve.

Euro Ensembles argue a different story in the PHL to BOS end up getting hammered....those are the best tools that we have right there in the corner

That thing only looks like it does because it is over the gulf stream blowing up...if it ticks west some or a lot., it won't be that impressive.

Eh, that cyclone is borne of a very powerful upper-level trough and eventually low, and the cold air on the NW side means business... the baroclinicity is there either way. The Gulf Stream helps but you would still end up with an anomalously intense surface low even right along the coast.

Euro Ensembles argue a different story in the PHL to BOS end up getting hammered....those are the best tools that we have right there in the corner

. If I had to make a forecast at day 5, I'm using the euro and the euro ensembles as my starting point.

Archived