Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb 10 was one of the best 8 days out sub 970 low the entire time

Thanks, that month was a little hectic for me so I didn't have much time to look at the models.

The Euro really hit it out of the park last February from 120 hrs right down to storm time. 

120 hr forecast

verification

The Euro and its ensembles do good with coastal storms. (Feb 12-14, 2014, Feb 2013, Dec 2010, Sandy)

The Euro also locked onto Sandy very early as being a very powerful storm that would make a left turn into DE or NJ. It really didn't waver much until verification if I recall. And at the time we all thought the low pressures shown had to be overdone. 946mb low into Atlantic City is about as severe as it can get at this latitude.

When was the last time we saw a MSLP like this in Late March-Early April that was all snow for the coast? April 1997 comes to mind (but slightly inland for good snows), climo has been thrown off the roof lately

climo has had itself perforated by a machine gun since this is pretty much a February pattern. amazing in itself

When was the last time we saw a MSLP like this in Late March-Early April that was all snow for the coast? April 1997 comes to mind (but slightly inland for good snows), climo has been thrown off the roof lately

The last time that I can remember the models sniffing out a record deep low for late March or April from

6-8 days out was 4-15-07 but that was a warm storm. Thats when we broke April rainfall and pressure records.

This storm would give climo a nice punch to the face.

Climo has been repeatedly punched in the face the past five years in the Mid-Atlantic. Climo appears to be a lot less important than it used to. If this storm doesn't happen it will be because the phase doesn't come in time - not because it's the end of March.

Climo has been repeatedly punched in the face the past five years in the Mid-Atlantic. Climo appears to be a lot less important than it used to. If this storm doesn't happen it will be because the phase doesn't come in time - not because it's the end of March.

think this lies in the pacific. if we can get cooperation there this may not be too far fetched here

Totally agree

Archived