northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even so, the GFS is still showing a significant storm, just not matching tracks and phasing times with the other models and thus missing us. Reminds me a lot of the problems it had with Sandy, caught the storm, but didn't send it the right way, but we can only wait and see if thats the same problem with this system.

Even so, the GFS is still showing a significant storm, just not matching tracks and phasing times with the other models and thus missing us. Reminds me a lot of the problems it had with Sandy, caught the storm, but didn't send it the right way, but we can only wait and see if thats the same problem with this system.

Sandy is what made me realize how far we are from having a reliable american model. 

At this stage I am not really paying much attention to the GFS. It has known a known bias and is awful with complicated set ups like this.

Perhaps awful but it does not dig the northern stream sharply enough SW to pull the surface low west and phase and the trough axis is too east...not preferred but can we really pay it no attention? The whole trough would have to pull back west 100 miles..not saying it won't...just mentioning it

I disagree, I think the physics on the GFS are fantastic. I think we'll see a huge improvement once the 16km goes operational.

Agree. Gfs is a solid model. If it holds the se solution and verifies nobody will acknowledge it. If the euro backs off its amped monster but still hits us and the gfs trends towards a hit nobody will acknowledge it.

Agree. Gfs is a solid model. If it holds the se solution and verifies nobody will acknowledge it. If the euro backs off its amped monster but still hits us and the gfs trends towards a hit nobody will acknowledge it.

That's what I was trying to say..you said it better...it wouldn't take much adjustment to make this memorable but the GFS op solution seems plausible with the set up...but I like our chances despite the calendar

Whatever outcome gives Richmond the least amount of snow will be the one that happens...

I think Richmond will get snow too. This is a highly anomalous late winter. The Polar Vortex is involved and nearly anything is possible. I hope both Richmond and Washington DC get utterly destroyed by snow next week

That's what I was trying to say..you said it better...it wouldn't take much adjustment to make this memorable but the GFS op solution seems plausible with the set up...but I like our chances despite the calendar

I like our chances too. Pretty sure we see snow fall and we've been crazy lucky hitting on all cylinders for over a month. It's not going to be pretty powder this time if we get a flush hit. We just need as much precip as possible. Matt said it earlier. Mod to heavy snow for a period or this storm will suck. I'm feelin a period of good rates is in the cards. Even 2-3" of paste would look pretty good if it falls fast enough

I like our chances too. Pretty sure we see snow fall and we've been crazy lucky hitting on all cylinders for over a month. It's not going to be pretty powder this time if we get a flush hit. We just need as much precip as possible. Matt said it earlier. Mod to heavy snow for a period or this storm will suck. I'm feelin a period of good rates is in the cards. Even 2-3" of paste would look pretty good if it falls fast enough

not so sure of this Bob

the Euro got colder with the last storm as we approached crunch time and I wouldn't rule out a repeat wrt temps going lower with this one (assuming the storm hits us, of course)

Archived