• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Season Finale :(

Ji

Exactly, I have yet to see a favorable h5 solution for either an earlier phase, neutral/neg trough before it's too late, or even enough amplification to bring it up. OTOH- back side and digging energy looks really tasty but that will only pound fish unless we get the front of the trough or earlier phase going on. I'm less bullish than I was 3 days ago. A favorable shift would hardly shock me though...

Happy hour runs will bury us. You know it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An offshore track makes sense with this 500mb pattern.  Fast flow with no blocking upstream.  It might come up the coast, but OTS is certainly reasonable.  

It is, but that has been the case all winter. We are in a groove now. We cant not score. Just a matter of when the models come around.

It is, but that has been the case all winter. We are in a groove now. We cant not score. Just a matter of when the models come around.

Yeah, you're right.  Flow has been generally fast all winter.  But with each storm, we've had at least a bit of transient blocking.  I think it's possible this storm comes up the coast, but an OTS solution is perfectly reasonable.  

This one is is my favorite.

Look, there's no doubt that proper sampling can sometimes change an outlook. But I think this gets thrown around too much. It doesn't always have a big effect.

Yeah it does get said a lot, by weenies and wishcasters and hobbyists. But it was mentioned specifically in the AFD from Mount Holly, so in this case, I would say it has some validity.

For how long???

MDstorm

It was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

All those "it's right where we want it" posts yesterday were silly attempts to cover the obvious fact that the synoptics are unfavorable for an early phase.

I love deep phasers, but I don't see this one happening in time for us. Maybe a trip to Nantucket is in order.

All those "it's right where we want it" posts yesterday were silly attempts to cover the obvious fact that the synoptics are unfavorable for an early phase.

I love deep phasers, but I don't see this one happening in time for us. Maybe a trip to Nantucket is in order.

I thought as much...just wanted to be sure.  Of course , I would love to bump your post later and be able to troll the hell out of it. :P

MDstorm

I guess those posts were no worse than silly attempts to dismiss something that has been observed with the GFS countless times already and may have some validity.  

At the end of the day, the GFS' idea of too far east could absolutely be correct...in fact, I think it will be.  But to make dismissive posts over something that has happened (GFS being the most progressive and too far S and E) is kinda...well...silly.

I thin it's somewhat pattern dependent. When everything is west and the GFS is east it's probably more valid. It does still seem to be on the eastern envelop but no model screams that this is coming well west just yet. Even the good runs kind of clip us.

I thin it's somewhat pattern dependent. When everything is west and the GFS is east it's probably more valid. It does still seem to be on the eastern envelop but no model screams that this is coming well west just yet. Even the good runs kind of clip us.

You're somewhat saying what I'm trying to say I guess.     I'm talking about in observed cases where almost everything was west...sometimes WELL west of the GFS and it was somewhere over the Azores and the GFS corrected once we got close in.   It seems like the GFS always does this with our big hits like 5-6 days prior.    We need dtk in here, lol

Euro is a paste bomb for i95. 1 - 1.2 qpf. Sucky surface for the first half or so.

Guess my last response was too soon. ;) haven't seen, on mobile.

Euro does sniff out the beasts early tho it also overamps and didn't do so hot on last storm.

Verbatim the euro shows mid 30's at onset and dropping. Pretty solid hit precip wide. Wes gets a foot.

Eh...ok.  On the crappy ewall graphics, it looks like we're at -10C at 850 before and after the storm (insert bitching about 24hr increments).  Take that adiabatic to the surface and that only gets you to about freezing.  And the lower 1mi is not usually adiabatic during a snow or rain storm.  

You're somewhat saying what I'm trying to say I guess. I'm talking about in observed cases where almost everything was west...sometimes WELL west of the GFS and it was somewhere over the Azores and the GFS corrected once we got close in. It seems like the GFS always does this with our big hits like 5-6 days prior. We need dtk in here, lol

I think the bias idea is generally true. I dunno on this one yet I guess.

Eh...ok. On the crappy ewall graphics, it looks like we're at -10C at 850 before and after the storm (insert bitching about 24hr increments). Take that adiabatic to the surface and that only gets you to about freezing. And the lower 1mi is not usually adiabatic during a snow or rain storm.

Oops, I was talking surface. 850's are zero problem at all. -5 to -7 and dropping. It's a pretty sick paste bomb. Plenty of pretty pics.

Eh, the Euro kinda looks screwy to me, with that precip shield sooo far west from the low. No other model has that. Kinda thinking it's a fluke

It's awful deep even off of obx. 974 and bombing. I would think the ccb/deform would be nasty. If it doesn't bomb like that we would get little if anything.

Archived