• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

Euro ens favors an east track. Better than last night though. Still supports snow for us. Somewhere around .35 qpf on the means. MSLP track just far enough east to keep the big precip offshore. Pretty strong signal at this lead either way.

Right were we want it. I know some of the older members of this forum will be drinking BECS beer soon enough!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I'll add just from a guy who has tracked a lot of storm on the models. I imagine the GFS might be suppressed with this storm for a while. Whenever it comes to phasing storms it tends to always crush the southern branch. Obviously we don't know what will happen, but my guess is the GFS will have a real tough time with an event like this...not like that isn't to be expected anyway. 

HM, Bob, etc...How does the time of year with regards to the changes in wave lengths effect this potential storm? Is there a better chance that this things ends up phasing/closing off faster due to the change in wave lengths?

I'll have to defer there. I would say much better chance than January. That's about all I got.

That's pretty funny - I did the same thing. Here's the equatorial breach he referred to. I'm about 50% sure he's talking about "2" on the map.

dypgdz.jpg

Yeah I think so on 2. He's like Shakespeare.

That's an extremely ignorant term which is why he's the only met who uses it. At every second of every day of every year, the Tropics are constantly fluxing out all kinds of mass at all kinds of time scales and heights. Meridional mass and eddy flux from the Tropics are both very normal.

nope..i'm at 132...starting to looking a little interesting i guess

Look at the northern branch phasing in @ 138, when that catches up its going to seriously explode. The EURO didn't even do this until late in the run. Not saying this run will snow over us, but its going to show an epic bomb IMO. 

Archived