Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, just end this constant teaser pattern. If a massive ridge was to pop up overhead tomorrow and give us a definite end to this, I'd be thrilled.

Yeah, this is getting tiresome. Maybe when (if?) the PV finally starts losing its grip, we can get a system to head our way, though. Meh... I don't mind having things to track, but I wouldn't mind a complete pattern shift either.

Destroyed by suppression twice in the month of March has to be nearly unheard of for this area. Maybe March 1980?

While it is suppressed, I think it has more to do with the the ridge in the West, and how the shortwaves phased...If they would have phased in a better configuration I don't think the PV would have mattered, we saw what could have been on some of those crazy GGEM/NAM/JMA runs for example. 

Hypocrisy strikes again. What if things were the opposite right now where all the models said no storm for numerous runs and then all of the sudden we see one suite of runs where they all show a huge hit, you think people would question those runs? Complete and utter hypocrisy on here, ridiculous.

If the 0z suite show the exact same thing as 12z the you got me but let's not jump the gun here.

Huh? Its a good run for them honestly. 

Based on the comments in their thread, it's about 0.9" QPF for DC. Places just south are 1"+. The same spots that jackpotted on March 3rd would jackpot again, while flurries would struggle to make it to NYC. Unbelievable. Nothing's worse than suppression patterns.

While it is suppressed, I think it has more to do with the the ridge in the West, and how the shortwaves phased...If they would have phased in a better configuration I don't think the PV would have mattered, we saw what could have been on some of those crazy GGEM/NAM/JMA runs for example. 

yup

It's not hard to tell whats going on, the PV is once again stronger than modeled. Simple as that, and why people thought it was clear most were in for a snowstorm 3-4 days after the last mishap...I will never know why. I knew this would eventually happen, wasn't hard to see it.

The energy isn't ejecting quick enough here..

Hypocrisy strikes again. What if things were the opposite right now where all the models said no storm for numerous runs and then all of the sudden we see one suite of runs where they all show a huge hit, you think people would question those runs? Complete and utter hypocrisy on here, ridiculous.

If the 0z suite show the exact same thing as 12z the you got me but let's not jump the gun here.

That's not hypocrisy, that's a double standard. Anyway...

Yes, we'd absolutely question those runs. Fortunately, we've acknowledged for days that a few very specific things need to happen to produce a storm, and even the most optimistic models were still dubious and left many folks straddling the northern edge. When things go from dismal to somewhat intriguing and back to dismal, morale will not be high. If we had another 84 or 102 hours or something to play with, it would be different... unfortunately we're rapidly closing in on crunch time for the source energy to do its thing.

Yeah, this is getting tiresome. Maybe when (if?) the PV finally starts losing its grip, we can get a system to head our way, though. Meh... I don't mind having things to track, but I wouldn't mind a complete pattern shift either.

I have seen this before.  When the PV finally gives up it will be 80 degrees with sun.  It doesn't usually just relax, it moves completely out of the way.

For those of you who aren't old enough to remember the good old 1980 s the model breakdowns you've been going through in the last 3 weeks was common place for many of us during that whole decade. So I feel ur pain.

Happens even today.

It's not hard to tell whats going on, the PV is once again stronger than modeled. Simple as that, and why people thought it was clear most were in for a snowstorm 3-4 days after the last mishap...I will never know why. I knew this would eventually happen, wasn't hard to see it.

The patterns very often repeat.  That is the truth.  History repeats itself.

Stop keeping this info from the govt and fix the models.

For those of you who aren't old enough to remember the good old 1980 s the model breakdowns you've been going through in the last 3 weeks was common place for many of us during that whole decade. So I feel ur pain.

Happens even today.

Which is simply amazing that over 30 years ago models were doing the same thing they are now in 2014. You would have thought there would be a supermodel by now that is basically right now, but we will have to wait on that.

That's not hypocrisy, that's a double standard. Anyway...

Yes, we'd absolutely question those runs. Fortunately, we've acknowledged for days that a few very specific things need to happen to produce a storm, and even the most optimistic models were still dubious and left many folks straddling the northern edge. When things go from dismal to somewhat intriguing and back to dismal, morale will not be high. If we had another 84 or 102 hours or something to play with, it would be different... unfortunately we're rapidly closing in on crunch time for the source energy to do its thing.

lol Sure. Maybe a couple would but most will be like game on. Again the PV is not the issue. If the PV weren't there or further north, then this would cut and we would torch. It has everything to with the ridging and energy out west. 

The PV looks to be in the same spot, I think the energy is not as strong as what the NAM/GGEM were modeling.

Stop keeping this info from the govt and fix the models.

I am not saying I told you so at all, cause I didn't come out and say it to the forum, but it wasn't hard to see the pattern is progressive and did not fit what the models were showing. If you didn't see that, your simply wishing for the models to be correct in the depiction that showed.

Which is simply amazing that over 30 years ago models were doing the same thing they are now in 2014. You would have thought there would be a supermodel by now that is basically right now, but we will have to wait on that.

I think we hav made quantum leaps since then but the truth is trying to numerically solve the atmosphere on a global scale will require a few more quantum leaps.

I think we hav made quantum leaps since then but the truth is trying to numerically solve the atmosphere on a global scale will require a few more quantum leaps.

The models are constantly getting better.  They are noticeably better today than in 2008 and light years better than in 2000.  But we also have tons more data to look at and expectations for accuracy get higher and higher.

I am not saying I told you so at all, cause I didn't come out and say it to the forum, but it wasn't hard to see the pattern is progressive and did not fit what the models were showing. If you didn't see that, your simply wishing for the models to be correct in the depiction that showed.

Huh....the energy is held back....thats not progressive....its the pv which is rare in winter and unheard of in mid March to do this with storms this far south.

You said that we are not getting a storm because of the pv being stronger than modeled.  This is quite incorrect.  The PV as modeled is in a great position for us to receive a storm.  Before puffing your chest out read more and post less.

Huh....the energy is held back....thats not progressive....its the pv which is so rare in winter and unheard of in mid March

It's not like we've been breaking tons of cold records this winter or this month. It's been persistently cold but not necessarily record breaking. The PV was strong for the first week of March but the weather has been more typical of March this week minus one day. 

Archived