CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....either it means they all caught onto something and are correct or are all wrong. All or nothibg

Sent from my iPhone

If they all end up being correct on this dramatic change its another BDB outcome with the models. This has me holding on as to if this is the final solution or not, these situation occur rarely where all agree

My guess is NAM will show flurries like every other model, or bury us and draw most of us back in for an hour before the GFS shows sunny skies Monday.  What's worse is that this is likely our last threat to follow until November, it will be a long 8 months off, but it's been fun, yes the last 5 weeks have been brutal with many teases but it's been a fun year. 

Absolutely nobody should be surprised by this. As I said yesterday, last storm shifted 500 miles south 48hrs before.

The last storm (Wednesday) went way north. The early March storm went way south..the early February storm came way north. Not sure this storm will behave like any of our previous storms (or non storms)

Which is simply amazing that over 30 years ago models were doing the same thing they are now in 2014. You would have thought there would be a supermodel by now that is basically right now, but we will have to wait on that.

The variable in the equation that has changed dramatically over the past 30 years is the access by the public to the runs. They are now in the hands of hobbyists, potential mets, and, those who get a buzz from severe weather. The real problem is one that every trial lawyer and doctor confronts daily--as well as other professionals--the very human tendency to see in the evidence or data either what one wishes to see or fears to see. There appear to be only a handful of people on this forum who can look at runs three or four days out with anything close to objectivity without superimposing their desire to see a major event develop. I'm very familiar with the tendency. As a young pilot who wanted to fly every day, I would get a briefing from a met and pummel him with questions like I ws cross-examining him if he gave me a briefing that suggested the airplane would have to stay in the hanger. If I requested a briefing even 36 hours out, the best of them, would gently suggest I wait until at least the night before. I don't think one of them ever even speculated about the parameters of the weather three days out.

Shakespeare nailed it: "The fault is not in the stars…but in ourselves."

At hour 18 the northern vort is over southern Montana and northern Wyoming. As long as it makes it to extreme SW South Dakota it will have handled things similarly to last run.

18z is clearly digging southwest a bit more then the 12z run.

Absolutely nobody should be surprised by this. As I said yesterday, last storm shifted 500 miles south 48hrs before.

I'm sick of these posts today (don't mean to call you out in specific).

The last storm has absolutely nothing to do with this one. So it's time to stop talking like it has some magical effect on it.

Archived