joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18z NAM does appear to be sending more energy SW than 12z but 12z split this energy and was able to get enough separation to phase east.

Nam was already trending towards the split solution at 12z and now more so, it only came up with a "snowy" solution because it went nuts with the WAA associated with the front runner wave.  That was more then likely a typical NAM error where it goes crazy with a particular feature and over amps it.  I said in the PA thread I would put the 12z NAM in the camp with a weaker solution even before I saw the rest of the 12z go to crap because it was splitting the energy and I did not believe how it still managed to put down an inch of qpf into our area without any real upper level support.  Our only hope is the models are in error splitting so much energy and tonight or tomorrow they begin to trend back towards a more consolidated h5 solution.  Short of this, we are done for. 

As much as I hate to say it as I was really hoping for a major winter storm to close out winter, barring any significant shifts back north on the 00z runs I think this threat is pretty much finished. Hopefully things turn around at 00z but I am not very optimistic. Pretty incredible on the south shift with the models today whether it is rare or not.

Archived