joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having strong confluence to the N can be a great thing too. Can help to wring out a lot of moisture with these systems.

I really like where we sit for sure. This can only come so far north, even if it did tickle north I think that may only help us with more qpf.

Weird how in early march there might not be a rain snow line issue

Do we have much confidence via MJO or other teleconnectors or perhaps seasonal persistency's what the period from march 10-20 looks like from. Purely temperature perspective. Will or scott, not holding u to it , just any ideas post march 10 or so temp wise

There is the chance is could moderate beyond mid month from some of the grumblings I see..but the signal for ridging out west is still there. Hard to go warm when that is there. Some of the stat guidance argues for IO convection after mid month, but that isn't a very warm signal.

I really like where we sit for sure. This can only come so far north, even if it did tickle north I think that may only help us with more qpf.

Weird how in early march there might not be a rain snow line issue

Still early, but yes, all guidance looks good for us.  The Euro was tasty.  Looked like about a foot looking at the 00z run.  GFS has us in the teens, maybe low 20s at most for this.  Impressive airmass.

Well it will be interesting to see if our hunch is right with the Euro vs GFS. Hard to go against calling out the GFS bias, but this time is brought a friend up north. Still, methinks (and it sounds like many others too) the GFS is probably too far south.

Compromise may be in order? Somewhat south of the euro, but north if the gfs?

There is the chance is could moderate beyond mid month from some of the grumblings I see..but the signal for ridging out west is still there. Hard to go warm when that is there. Some of the stat guidance argues for IO convection after mid month, but that isn't a very warm signal.

saw that ridge really building in the late portion of the GFS... gotta think its gonna spill over at some point

Still early, but yes, all guidance looks good for us. The Euro was tasty. Looked like about a foot looking at the 00z run. GFS has us in the teens, maybe low 20s at most for this. Impressive airmass.

Yeah, if your looking at it from an impact standpoint, the euro takes the cake so far. Long way to go, but cautiously optimistic

Compromise may be in order? Somewhat south of the euro, but north if the gfs?

I'd rather the euro op...but realistically...I think siding closer to the 00z euro is probably a more likely scenario. Of course we all say this without seeing the 12z so thoughts probably should wait until that comes out.

Archived