Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh really? Because it shows .01" precip over 6 hours on Sunday means it much longer lol? In essence the bulk of accumulating snowfall is from 81to 99.

It's flurries and light snow sunday night.  Real storm is 06z Monday to 00z Tuesday 18 hours.. Storm is done by 00z Tuesday on GFS .. only .01" after hour 96.. storms always end quicker than modeled and starts quicker especially with overrunning, I can see this starting Sunday night but ending before the Monday evening commute if the GFS is right.  We will see if the whole thing trends slower.. 

It's flurries and light snow sunday night.  Real storm is 06z Monday to 00z Tuesday 18 hours.. Storm is done by 00z Tuesday on GFS .. only .01" after hour 96.. storms always end quicker than modeled and starts quicker especially with overrunning, I can see this starting Sunday night but ending before the Monday evening commute if the GFS is right.  We will see if the whole thing trends slower.. 

Thank you. Like I said bulk appears to come in a 12-18 hour period.

most storms projected to be long duration never pan out, it's just model uncertainty that gets ironed out as the model figures it out closer in, but I can see how there is light snow and flurries all day sunday maybe some light accumulations.. but again the real snow is sunday night and first 2/3rds of Monday 

most storms projected to be long duration never pan out, it's just model uncertainty that gets ironed out as the model figures it out closer in, but I can see how there is light snow and flurries all day sunday maybe some light accumulations.. but again the real snow is sunday night and first 2/3rds of Monday

.yes I have learned this over the years. I laughed when this was shown as 48-60+ hour event. I do want to experience one of those once in my life. Probably will have to be in the mountains of Cali or something.

Archived