Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a foot + possible in most of the state

the phase would be key that would really help ramp up some of the totals and up the QPF. however I still think S.NJ is going to have some p-type issues regardless. just keep an eye on the 0z trends tonight for that phase as it could really make this storm more special than it is now

Depends when the phase occurs, if it phases too early it would rain, if the phase happens when it is to our east then we would get a heavier snowstorm possible a blizzard. In my opinion the chances for a phase up are very small.

this as it would be a true thread the needle. the way this winter has gone though would it surprise you though?

If the 00z holds serve or little colder. Will you guys be confident in saying a foot for Monmouth county north to Hudson valley? With locally higher amounts

PLEASE stop with the IMBY Franklin. listen to the analysis, take notes on the setup etc and find some sites that carry the model runs so you can see and learn yourself. I know your trying to learn and you are a weenie but im giving you a heads up as this gets closer and possibly bigger these posts are going to be dealt with accordingly. you probably mean well but be more intuitive and more comprehensive here first ok?

If the 00z holds serve or little colder. Will you guys be confident in saying a foot for Monmouth county north to Hudson valley? With locally higher amounts

For most areas, maybe 10-15".....but between Belford and Keansburg, probably more like 2-4"...ocean influence bringing in warmer air should really cut it down for those areas specifically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha relax buddy -- things look pretty good but the devils in the details and thats always ironed out within 24 hours -- no need to ask with each run how monmouth county does on each run.. 

Short answer.... no. It's hard to put any good amount of confidence in an amount forecast on Thursday night when the event is coming Sunday. I know you mean well, but the IMBY questions (now matter how you try to word them lol) are just not going to be well received here. Follow the discussion, follow the models (grrr) and you will garner an idea of where this is headed.

PB GFI will handle that. spokesperson on here for Monmouth county, NJ ;)

Thank you , there are like 5 of us on here and all those guys are real good . Once inside 72 hours , the door starts to close and the amounts get real tight . We are getting close Ryan

Thank you , there are like 5 of us on here and all those guys are real good . Once inside 72 hours , the door starts to close and the amounts get real tight . We are getting close Ryan

That uber close phase on the 18z gfs run really raised some eyebrows in here. The GFS has really been pretty good with this system overall, the GL phase if it were to happen would need to thread the needle timing wise. Key word is IF it happened

Short answer.... no. It's hard to put any good amount of confidence in an amount forecast on Thursday night when the event is coming Sunday. I know you mean well, but the IMBY questions (now matter how you try to word them lol) are just not going to be well received here. Follow the discussion, follow the models (grrr) and you will garner an idea of where this is headed.

What impact do you think sudden stratospheric warming might have on the dendritic snow growth region above my house, i.e., do you think that will affect the chances of getting at least 12" of snow in Metuchen?  Sorry, couldn't resist...

What impact do you think sudden stratospheric warming might have on the dendritic snow growth region above my house, i.e., do you think that will affect the chances of getting at least 12" of snow in Metuchen? Sorry, couldn't resist...

Depends on how many ships are sailing within a couple hundred miles of the coast.....could trigger a narrow band of ocean effect snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived