ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
2014 Mid-Atlantic Severe Discussion Thread

Kmlwx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Via Eskimo Joe in the PA subforum: Lightning strike to House in Caroll Co.

09:30 Sykesville *missed box* / 7500blk Old Washington Rd / Lightning Strike to House / HE131 E123 TO12 HM135 E124 (19)

Two CG strikes to separate houses. Home owner w chest pains but refused on scene. Units will clear when ready.[/size]

Had a few rumbles of thunder in Harford County. It really looked like Summer with all of those dark clouds.

Hoping for an active severe weather season (is a hurricane too much to ask for?)!

I'll take an active season, but without the Hurricane in my neck of the woods. Millersville already floods on 2" of rain let alone 10+". Hurricanes are fun to track, but put up too much damage when you're in them. I'll take my straight line winds with thunder/lightning and hail. I'm sure people along the bay can agree with me here

I'll take an active season, but without the Hurricane in my neck of the woods. Millersville already floods on 2" of rain let alone 10+". Hurricanes are fun to track, but put up too much damage when you're in them. I'll take my straight line winds with thunder/lightning and hail. I'm sure people along the bay can agree with me here

Yeah, I could live without hurricanes too. I mostly like the high winds (without the power outages).

A few weeks ago, I had sustained winds of about 30-35 mph, gusting up to 38 mph three times. I live on an inlet to the Bay, so it's ALWAYS windy here.

Good times... :)

I actually checked the 12z Nam this morning on twister data and it was showing a weak unstable layer even up to Millersville. The sounding down to MD got better, but it wasn't perfect. I can definitely see a rumble of thunder with the line on Friday, but the time of day it comes through is tougher to get severe, especially in February. I agree if the line was more forecasted during the afternoon, our chances would definitely go up due to increased heating. Has potential for sure. Straight lines will be the thing to look for here.

Archived