Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February Banter II

jburns

I felt like having a meltdown.

We ****ing suck at weather here. We can't get a decent icestorm or snowstorm, but Florida can and did twice this year in the same week. Florida always over preforms with thunderstorms and rain events. 5+ inches in some areas today and we were expecting 1-2 and only .11 has fallen. They get can decent tropical storms while we miss all the rain bands and s*it. The only we are good at getting is heat and 120+ heat indices in the Summer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ****ing suck at weather here. We can't get a decent icestorm or snowstorm, but Florida can and did twice this year in the same week. Florida always over preforms with thunderstorms and rain events. 5+ inches in some areas today and we were expecting 1-2 and only .11 has fallen. They get can decent tropical storms while we miss all the rain bands and s*it. The only we are good at getting is heat and 120+ heat indices in the Summer.

Let it go man, get it all out! It ain't good to keep that all bottled up! It's only weather, be thankful for the things you can control

Let it go man, get it all out! It ain't good to keep that all bottled up! It's only weather, be thankful for the things you can control

Lol that was almost everything! Will save the rest for the summer when I miss a thunderstorm. That felt great though. You know what? I'm going to build a Great Lake to the NW of here and call it Lake Ware. When we get a significant cold outbreak, that b**ch is going to produce some big snow totals.

Lol that was almost everything! Will save the rest for the summer when I miss a thunderstorm. That felt great though. You know what? I'm going to build a Great Lake to the NW of here and call it Lake Ware. When we get a significant cold outbreak, that b**ch is going to produce some big snow totals.

I think I'm going to move to Oswego county NY! I will never complain about lack of snow again!

3 threats on the 12z Euro (almost 4 with the gulf storm at the end of the run) and everyone is down in the dirt. Seems like as we get closer to March some are letting climo get into their heads a little too early. Honestly LR is still undetermined. Just focus on the upper air and track the cold setups if looking at 6hr precip, tracks and 850's are getting you down; as they won't waiver so much run to run but you better believe individual storms will, given how active the flow is. This has been a PSA to all :weenie: 's we now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.

I think I'm going to move to Oswego county NY! I will never complain about lack of snow again!

Have a buddy of mine who grew up on the tug hill plateau and he had some great stories about how they used to clear the snow. They even used dynamite to clear a path to the barn when it really got deep. However, that was before all the regulations on explosives. He also has some really good stories about driving his car out on the frozen lake at night. Back in the day, on a clear Friday night, the guys would take their dates out on the lake in their cars, go as fast as they could and turn the steering wheel to see how many times the car would spin around before coming to a stop. If it was an open winter (no snow on the lake) they would spin around for nearly a mile before coming to a stop. There were also some good "back-seat" stories in there, that Burns would appreciate, but I will save those for another day.

3 threats on the 12z Euro (almost 4 with the gulf storm at the end of the run) and everyone is down in the dirt. Seems like as we get closer to March some are letting climo get into their heads a little too early. Honestly LR is still undetermined. Just focus on the upper air and track the cold setups if looking at 6hr precip, tracks and 850's are getting you down; as they won't waiver so much run to run but you better believe individual storms will, given how active the flow is. This has been a PSA to all :weenie: 's we now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.

I finally figured out that the picture is supposed to mean weenies. Whenever I saw it I fill in the word hotdog and was extremely confused...

I finally figured out that the picture is supposed to mean weenies. Whenever I saw it I fill in the word hotdog and was extremely confused...

:lmao:  What can I say, we like our hotdogs here in the SE, especially Brick!

:whistle:

I'll give you credit... you did say that the other day but right now it doesn't count.

Move if you want more cold and exciting weather.

First daffodils blooming in my backyard.  Nice day today. Fired up the John Deere, hooked the cart onto it and cleaned up all the winter debris in my yard.  More snow or not, the time for some nice days among the cold is upon us.  I plan on enjoying them.  Of course I'm still looking for an opportunity to chase.   :)

Thats crazy. I did some yard work today along with yesterday cleaning up the yard. I'd say they still have another 3-4 weeks to go before that stage here.   

I'll give you credit... you did say that the other day but right now it doesn't count.

Thats crazy. I did some yard work today along with yesterday cleaning up the yard. I'd say they still have another 3-4 weeks to go before that stage here.

I forgot to add on the spring time comments, I have a creeping flox in bloom that I noticed this afternoon! And winter Daphne is about to open any day, but that is about on time.

Have a buddy of mine who grew up on the tug hill plateau and he had some great stories about how they used to clear the snow. They even used dynamite to clear a path to the barn when it really got deep. However, that was before all the regulations on explosives. He also has some really good stories about driving his car out on the frozen lake at night. Back in the day, on a clear Friday night, the guys would take their dates out on the lake in their cars, go as fast as they could and turn the steering wheel to see how many times the car would spin around before coming to a stop. If it was an open winter (no snow on the lake) they would spin around for nearly a mile before coming to a stop. There were also some good "back-seat" stories in there, that Burns would appreciate, but I will save those for another day.

That sounds awesome!

I think every snow weenie should have a chance to spend a winter in a Great Lakes snow belt! Just imagine 5-6 inch an hr rates and 4-6 feet 2 or 3 day totals!! They say when you live in snow like that, it gets old, but I would like to try it!

This would have been a great winter if I stayed in Chicago! They have far passed the great 2007-08 winter I went through.

Does anyone know if perennial rye will come up if we plant it now? I know it will die off when the weather gets warmer but my yard is a mud pit. We have Bermuda grass and it's dormant and because of all the snow and rain it looks awful. I need something to get us through spring.

Perrenial rye will come up now . As you said it will die out when temps get and stay above 80 degrees consistently , which is the same time Bermuda starts to green up! So I would go for it

4km NAM goes to all snow sounding for RDU during morning commute 5/6am-9am

I'd end up absolutely hating snow if I were to do that. I think...no, I know I want to stay in the south and enjoy the relatively rare snows. That's more than enough for me. It is the novelty of southern snow that is the most enjoyable aspect of it for me. I don't want to live anywhere where I have to constantly worry about clearing it out and driving in it. I like living where a couple of inches pretty much shuts the area down. Also, constant cold would get old real fast.

Anyone staying up for the Euro?

Archived