• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February Banter II

jburns

I don't know why, but it seems there isn't as much interest from Charleston from people in our area. Weather here is a big deal, but the meteorologists here are mainly concerned with hurricanes and the threat that this area gets once or twice every few years.

Southern Snow posts during the winter along with a few others, but there aren't as many from our part of SC. We have very good meteorologists (Bill Walsh, Dave Williams, Rob Fowler, plus Ed in MB), but people here just think that winter weather shouldn't be a part of life here.

The TV stations posted the snow and ice threat on FB and the people that post there freaked out. Half the people were; "OMG! Are we gonna get snow?" and the other half, "Oh no, not again..." People also have winter fatigue with the Ravenel being closed during both storms and Charleston basically shutting down for five days. Some people are STILL without power from the last storm inland.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't being serious about the whole state, but I was about our area. It always seems to happen.

Here is what the NWS Jacksonville was saying at the time I said what I said.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax/text.php?pil=AFD&sid=JAX&version=4

Exactly my point. The regulars know you weren't being serious. Others, not so much. It was pretty clear you were not talking about Waycross.

Georgia people need to be on alert.

No we don't. You already know how the storms work. They will fall apart especially once they get here.

Winter burn-out man. It'll light back up next week. :)

Yep, for cold rain!

I know I am burned out, but I figure we probably got another 7-10 days at most of model watching until everyone outside of the mountains is done for the season and we get a long break .  Since it's going to be cold might as well root for some flakes.  18z GEFS is nice...

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_28.png

gfs-ens_mslpa_namer_27.png

Models should start getting a better picture Monday or Tuesday once the next front moves through.

I agree, all the models are showing a weak low tracking to our south with marginal cold as of now. Hopefully this one becomes more definitive by Monday, want a quick exit or all in. This definitely doesn't look like a big dog potential, more of a 2-4" type event at best.

Our chips were gone a long time ago... If we played poker, everyone would want to play with us ;)

:pimp:

I agree, all the models are showing a weak low tracking to our south with marginal cold as of now. Hopefully this one becomes more definitive by Monday, want a quick exit or all in. This definitely doesn't look like a big dog potential, more of a 2-4" type event at best.

It seems like during our glory years for snow, we'd get a nice moderate event a few times per winter.  Lately, it seems like we're getting big dogs (as in 6"+) or getting nothing at all.  It would be nice to return to the 2-4" event more often!

:pimp:

It seems like during our glory years for snow, we'd get a nice moderate event a few times per winter.  Lately, it seems like we're getting big dogs (as in 6"+) or getting nothing at all.  It would be nice to return to the 2-4" event more often!

5 days CIP's still nice, will see...

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/stats.php?reg=EC&fhr=F120&model=GFS212&sort=500HGHT

If things still look this good after the 12Zs tomorrow, I'm going to be forced to initiate Yellow Alert.

I would be a lot more upbeat about this had the CMC not doused us with a cold rain in its 12z run. The JMA/NAVGEM/GEFS/EuroENS all look fairly close, 7 days out you know some things are going to change.

I would be more upbeat if the cold was a lock. One day temps are going to be record cold, next day, just avg temps are being shown. Nobody wants to get doused with cold rain! If it ain't gonna snow, I just want warm and sunny so I can get my bball on! And the thunderstorms we have had over the past week were a nice change

It definitely not going to snow next weekend. Let me see some changes in the modeling and I will think otherwise.

I actually like your mojo! You said the same about the big one last week at about this same timeframe !!! It trended colder and colder and you got quieter and quieter and some lucky NC peeps got 20 inches of rain! LOL

I would be a lot more upbeat about this had the CMC not doused us with a cold rain in its 12z run. The JMA/NAVGEM/GEFS/EuroENS all look fairly close, 7 days out you know some things are going to change.

I think we're gonna be ok with this one. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I hope the models feel good soon. :yikes:

Archived