northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter II

jburns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the best GFS run for the Brick Tamland Storm yet. Looks like 0.1-0.25" over a good portion of NC with 850s cold enough.

Congratulations to Jr. I would have liked to see Jeff win, but it was a fun ending.

And it was colder for the 3/1 event, gave TN a big snow storm, the SLP weakens to much by the time it gets to and it us and it does warm us up, just not as bad, there was 1033HP over the lakes which was new.

And it was colder for the 3/1 event, gave TN a big snow storm, the SLP weakens to much by the time it gets to and it us and it does warm us up, just not as bad, there was 1033HP over the lakes which was new.

Yes, indeed.  Interesting.  Looks like it might drop a coating of snow for a lot of us, at least.  It's hard to see it drying up like that in reality, too.

Yeah, it's off of life support, in critical, but stable condition!

It's actually been trending better all day long, so it might have legs.  The NAM showed a little something, too.  We'll see.  The best case scenario for 2/26 is probably a 1-3" non-street sticker, but I'll take whatever I can get.  I just need 1.5" to put me above New Bern's total on the season.  :yikes:

EDIT: The 00z GGEM is close and it's cold enough, but the best precip is in S VA just across the NC/VA border.

The 00z GGEM is a close call on 3/1 with maybe light snow-to-light rain in some areas, but it shows a decent 2-4" event on 3/3 for the western half of NC and upstate SC.

Yes, indeed.  Interesting.  Looks like it might drop a coating of snow for a lot of us, at least.  It's hard to see it drying up like that in reality, too.

It's actually been trending better all day long, so it might have legs.  The NAM showed a little something, too.  We'll see.  The best case scenario for 2/26 is probably a 1-3" non-street sticker, but I'll take whatever I can get.  I just need 1.5" to put me above New Bern's total on the season.  :yikes:

EDIT: The 00z GGEM is close and it's cold enough, but the best precip is in S VA just across the NC/VA border.

The 00z GGEM is a close call on 3/1 with maybe light snow-to-light rain in some areas, but it shows a decent 2-4" event on 3/3 for the western half of NC and upstate SC.

Here's something to look at while you're waiting.

http://youtu.be/jA3JvIVSuF0

You know it's bad when all the model discussion is in the banter thread. 

Our epic pattern has turned into a cool pattern.  I don't think it's a coincidence that the first time this happens this year is going to end up in March.  Just really hard to get it cold enough that late in the year IMO. 

Just a quick shoutout to all the PBP people this winter.  Really cool having everybody interpreting the models as they come out.  Thanks to all, including all the mets that take a time out to add to the discussion.  It's greatly appreciated.  Also, great job Larry on sniffing out our two events this year.  He was all over the late January event and the February storm, bout a week out.

Looking forward to next year.  Looks like we'll have a nice Nino with lots of southern stream opportunities.  Hopefully, unlike this week, we'll have some nice cold air to work with it.  Makes my mouth water to think about the set up we have right now in mid January.....

Well this winter has definitely been a good one. I got 12 inches probably a little more with the smaller systems here in e nc. I still don't think we are done I've seen it snow here in march a couple times.. All it will take is one of these storms to bring down enough cold air then something can happen.. to my understanding the euro is still flirting with and west coast ridge and another east coast trough in the lr. Heck last time the forecasters only had me in the half an inch to and inch of snow and got close to 7 inches.. folks anything can happen...

Uhhh no. Where have you been this winter? They are way above average! Clearly you missed that chart TWC showed a week ago with Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

Sorry , you couldn't pick up on my sarcasm! And thanks for rubbing it in, I did not see the dam chart on TWC, because I don't have the dam channel anymore

Archived