Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter II

jburns

Great analysis.

Thanks Brick. Appreciate it bro! I'm going to subscribe to wxbell so I can post maps just for you to look at and you will never have to ask again in the discussion thread. First you have to beat me in a basketball game though in Waycross. We are guaranteed to have good weather with our storm forcefield. Worst case scenario would be drizzle or sleet pellets! Do you accept or nah?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Brick. Appreciate it bro! I'm going to subscribe to wxbell so I can post maps just for you to look at and you will never have to ask again in the discussion thread. First you have to beat me in a basketball game though in Waycross. We are guaranteed to have good weather with our storm forcefield. Worst case scenario would be drizzle or sleet pellets! Do you accept or nah?

"Don't cross the streams!"

Too bad the 25-27th thread is locked.... here it comes! :D

Don't Fret, but there could be a few snowflakes tomorrow morning.

The precipitation is expected to be mostly rain but across the northern fringe of the precipitation and in locations where the precipitation comes down hard, some snow could mix in. This should not amount to more than a conversational snow with air temperatures in the 34-38 range and no accumulation expected on roads.
1622194_460330550734976_36513720_n.png

Just a quick shoutout to all the PBP people this winter.  Really cool having everybody interpreting the models as they come out.  Thanks to all, including all the mets that take a time out to add to the discussion.  It's greatly appreciated.  Also, great job Larry on sniffing out our two events this year.  He was all over the late January event and the February storm, bout a week out.

SnowNiner,

Thank you very much! I chose to do the first storm's thread despite minor opposition that it was too early (about a week), but I did have Shawn's encouragement. Will we have major SE winter storm #3 ~3/6-7?? We'll see. It is too early to make that call (9 days out) although having all three 12Z major op. models with it (and at least the 12Z Euro ens. mean) is getting some attention fwiw. Neutral negative ENSO is the most favorable ENSO phase for major ZR/IP in N GA fwiw.

Deltadog,

I saw someone at the other BB ask if there is a bad ZR south of Macon on record in March. Answer: at least one...3/2-3/1962 produced major ZR not too far inland from Savannah! I think that some of it was probably south of Macon's latitude.

- ATL area sig. to major March ZR's: 3/6/1948, 3/2/1960, 3/9/1960, 3/25/1971

- I'm not aware of any ATL big IP's during March

Edit: anyone staying up for the King?

I'm all-in for the 3/6 storm.  There's no other choice.  It's now or never because winter is about to depart!  I'm forking over all my 100 plastic pennies that cost $0.0349 each into the center of the table!  :lmao:

And, yeah, Larry, I'll be up for the Euro.  I'm almost always up at that time, anyways, so I'm not necessarily staying up for it, but I'll definitely take a peek. ;)

Big snowstorm for Atlanta (8") and further north into SC and southern NC on March 24, 1983.

Archived