• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February Banter II

jburns

Yeah.  I have no idea about the EPS, but the Euro OP has clearly trended away from any meaningful cold.  I expect the other models will follow soon.  There seems to be no mechanism to dislodge the PV to the south and keep it displaced there.  And the lack of phasing of the streams and the lack of a really strong storm coming about is really surprising to me.  I thought we'd see that by now...maybe not for us but for somewhere.

The PAC continues to suck on the Euro, no ridging, nothing can amplify, nothing digs. Its shame the PV is just spread across Canada. That was difference between the Op GFS/CMC and Op Euro, my money is on Op Euro.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PAC continues to suck on the Euro, no ridging, nothing can amplify, nothing digs. Its shame the PV is just spread across Canada. That was difference between the Op GFS/CMC and Op Euro, my money is on Op Euro.

Earlier in the winter, we had the Pacific.  Now it's just a crappy flat flow.  Well, right now, there's ridging.  But later, it's just a crappy flat flow.  Ug.

And it is just AMAZING to me that we have had a positive NAO the WHOLE WINTER!!!!

I know, the NAO probably would have just messed things up for us, after all, a lot of us had 2 nice events, well not RDU, but everyone NSEW of did  :bag:

The Euro ENS is completely different than the Op, the Euro is really struggling with the upcoming pattern, the day 5-6 event looks more like the CMC/GFS and it has a nice coastal day 8-9 off the GA/SC coast, 850 line is running from CLT to GSO but for ENS day 8-9 not bad.

Edit:  I will say the GFS is all alone on the freezer look day 6-10, Euro ENS is colder than it's Op but nothing like the GFS.

I'm tossing the Euro. Ride the EPS. 3/6 will bury us!

Well, that makes me feel better, haha.

The question is whether the operational Euro is leading its ensembles or whether the operational is simply out to lunch.

The GGEM Ens mean looks almost like the Euro ENS mean day 8-9...

gem-ens_mslpa_namer_35.png

I know, the NAO probably would have just messed things up for us, after all, a lot of us had 2 nice events, well not RDU, but everyone NSEW of did  :bag:

The Euro ENS is completely different than the Op, the Euro is really struggling with the upcoming pattern, the day 5-6 event looks more like the CMC/GFS and it has a nice coastal day 8-9 off the GA/SC coast, 850 line is running from CLT to GSO but for ENS day 8-9 not bad.

Edit:  I will say the GFS is all alone on the freezer look day 6-10, Euro ENS is colder than it's Op but nothing like the GFS.

Thanks for posting the CMC maps.  Hopefully, the Euro is out to lunch with the warm solution.  The image below with the high pressure zone and the coastal looks like a really good setup, synoptically.  Can't tell if the cold is cold enough, but that's a pretty good signal.

its kind of exciting to me with the uncertainty of the models.. i think they are struggling with the cold air  because its hard to know how much cold a storm will bring down from the north in this split flow pattern... we have cashed in with not so favorable pattern and threading the needle type of deal this year.... i'm feeling optimistic this patter will give us another shot of wintry weather before its all said and done with.... just a non educated opinion.

The gfs really needs a win as of late.  It needs to latch onto a storm and hold it for 5 days before it comes to fruition to restore its legitimacy.  Its hard to feel good about anything it shows when the euro doesn't support it.  I am hoping like everyone else that the euro caves but we all know the history of this battle lately.

GFS will be just fine. Euro has had the benefit of a split flow of late. That's it's true advantage.

Man, the new Godzilla trailer looks really good.  It can't possibly be a good movie, but the trailer actually looks really good!

I don't think we can be friends. 

GFS will be just fine. Euro has had the benefit of a split flow of late. That's it's true advantage.

I don't think we can be friends.

Haha! I want to believe. I really do! But I've been disappointed so many times with movies like this. The preview looks awesome and I will go see it soon after it opens, if not opening night. I should have said, "It can't possibly be a good movie, can it?" That would have more accurately conveyed my thoughts.

The wife has already declined to see this one with me. :)

Haha! I want to believe. I really do! But I've been disappointed so many times with movies like this. The preview looks awesome and I will go see it soon after it opens, if not opening night. I should have said, "It can't possibly be a good movie, can it?" That would have more accurately conveyed my thoughts.

Any word on Dumb and Dumber 2? That will be one to see!

As a certified geek well entrenched within that most powerful of target demographics, we are demanding that it be done right.

And we rule the world. Fact.

Any word on Dumb and Dumber 2? That will be one to see!

They filmed a scene close to where I live.  I was on set but you will not see me.  Fun to watch them set things up though.  They also filmed 2 days at a funeral home just up the street from where I work.  They were all over the place filming. 

Archived