joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20-21 Heavy Rain/Flooding/High Wind Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes pretty crazy. I still have snow, slush or whatever it is otg from Decembers Ice storm.

Dtx has lows of around 20 tomorrow night Im wondering if we get a period of Snow/Ice before the rain. How much is the big question mark.

The piles around my sidewalk still have a bit of snow from that first December snowstorm buried in there somewhere. If you would have told me that would happen I would have said you were crazy, but here we are.

0z NAM

Has a some snow and ice on the front end of the WAA near the IL/WI stateline west of here.

It's take on snow cover by 6pm Thursday. Alek will have 1" left.

NAM_221_2014021900_F48_SNOWIN_SURFACE.pn

:facepalm:

Crazy to think Sault Ste Marie will only have an inch or two on the ground Thursday evening!

Please tell me you already know that those simulated snow depth maps are probably the worst feature of those maps. According to twister-data, the snow depth at 10pm tonight is 1.5" in Chicago and Milwaukee.

:facepalm:

Crazy to think Sault Ste Marie will only have an inch or two on the ground Thursday evening!

Please tell me you already know that those simulated snow depth maps are probably the worst feature of those maps. According to twister-data, the snow depth at 10pm tonight is 1.5" in Chicago and Milwaukee.

No, I was more or less looking at where the edge of the snow cover recedes to and not the depth further north.

---

Temp staying fairly steady this evening. Probably lost another inch since 5pm.

Futurecast. Taft has 52° for Thursday.

Still have a good 4" or 5" on the ground and sitting at 28 degrees right now. Definitely some crusty snow out there.

Sunshine and near 40, lost about half the snow cover in one day. :loon:

sun angle now makes a huge difference.  Even when temps are close to freezing you get melting if the sun is shining.    I suspect nothing but crusty piles around here in parking lots by Friday morning.    Actually I'm looking forward to seeing grass, it'll be a nice change of scenery.   

back to the scenery we have 11 months of the yr..  exciting and looking forward to stuff for sure, especially with brown grass and bare tree's

that's the 'norm' here as well, except for this season.  I haven't dug thru any data, but I'm pretty sure since about the week before Thanksgiving thru today, we've had many more days with snow cover than bare grass.   

No, I was more or less looking at where the edge of the snow cover recedes to and not the depth further north.

---

Temp staying fairly steady this evening. Probably lost another inch since 5pm.

Futurecast. Taft has 52° for Thursday.

attachicon.giffuturecast022014.png

I hate when Taft uses that map.  Does he not understand that it makes it look like all the cities are in the wrong places?

Archived