joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20-21 Heavy Rain/Flooding/High Wind Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27-32 across SEMI this morning. Clouds and snow showers till about noon-1pm. Snow depth lovers getting a little lucky around here today. Melting should be minimal. 

DTW soared to 43F overnight before falling back into the 30s, but additional snowmelt was VERY minimal. Hoping to keep the overcast as long as possible today.

already up to 36 on the bank clock after dipping below freezing...probably gonna be another overperformer. Pretty much a lock to be nothing but piles left by Thursday.

I smell another over performer as well. 35° already.

And just like that the near shore waters are largely free of ice.

post-7389-0-80570500-1392820136_thumb.jp

Only lost 3" or so since the last event wrapped up. The snow is very wet/dense now which bodes well for keeping it around.

Plus it is going to get in the low 20s tonight which will make this a solid before the rain moves in tomorrow.  My only concern is the far NW models with this storm ... they get temp near 50 in SE MI.  That will be not be good for us.

Plus it is going to get in the low 20s tonight which will make this a solid before the rain moves in tomorrow.  My only concern is the far NW models with this storm ... they get temp near 50 in SE MI.  That will be not be good for us.

I wonder what would be worse...more rain or more warmth.

I'm thinking warmth, cold rain isn't very efficient at getting rid of snow.

I wonder what would be worse...more rain or more warmth.

I'm thinking warmth, cold rain isn't very efficient at getting rid of snow.

Convective rains definitely the most efficient. Expecting patches of grass to show by this time tomorrow.

Surprised to hear of all the overperforming temps. Still haven't gone above freezing yet here. Environment Canada forecast was just upped for a high of 39 today in YYZ, probably to reflect the warmth out west which hasn't reached here yet.

YYZ is at 41 now! 

I can hear birds chirping. I completely forgot this sound...

Archived