Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 20-21 Heavy Rain/Flooding/High Wind Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'll post this here.

Depending on the track it takes and how quickly it deepens, this low may be flirting with the lowest February barometric pressures once it gets toward northern Michigan/UP.  Here's a map of the lowest February pressures on record.  I believe many of these in IL/IN etc were set with the deep low on 2/28/1902.

In case some don't know how to read this, put a decimal between the 2nd and 3rd numbers on the map and mentally add a 9 in front to come up with the pressure.

FebruaryRecordLowSLPs.gif

Gino mentioned this in the morning LOT afd

TO PUT INTO PERSPECTIVE JUST HOW   IMPRESSIVE THIS STORM IS...A COLLEGUE AT WPC WHO HAS BEEN DOING WORK   WITH MINIMUM/MAXIMUM MONTHLY PRESSURE TOOK A QUICK LOOK AND INITIAL   FINDINGS INDICATE THAT THIS STORM WILL LIKELY BE THE DEEPEST   FEBRUARY LOW PRESSURE IN THIS REGION SINCE 1902!   

Man this flooding is going to be unreal. The ice is about 18" deep on most rivers around here so the ice jams could be unbelievable and sadly we could see some towns just completely inundated tomorrow. Strong chance of some unbelievable numbers tomorrow

Holy cow, that sounds awful! I'm in NW Ohio, too, but haven't heard of this so far - which towns are being inundated?

I think that's a poor call to go with an advisory

I actually think there should be just a Warning or not (combine warning and advisorys with High Winds) ... 99% of the people hear High Wind blah blah blah and in the end just know there are going to be high winds!!  Honestly do you do anything different between a warning verse an advisory??

Archived