• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 20-21 Heavy Rain/Flooding/High Wind Threat

Hoosier

Tried to convince them to get on board with us, MKX and ILX but alas...

The high wind signal looks at least as good as it does in their eastern areas (far eastern IA, northwest/west central IL) as it does in the LOT CWA. Top of the mixed layer on BUFKIT pushing 60 kt, especially on the 00z NAM, with the mean mixed layer gusts close to criteria.

Yeah man, this setup seems to scream high wind warning.  Surprised just now they haven't upgraded yet.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them bump it up before noon.

Picked up 0.73" so far here. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightning and thunder! Love it

I was awake with kids rushing into the bed early this morning and caught an actual whip crack with the flash....must have been a close one...Got me all excited for spring... :)

no real flood problems yet here....but the snowpack seems to have soaked up quite a bit of the rain that fell on it....If we get a rapid increase in the DP's with any more rain this afternoon I could foresee some solid ponding and minor flooding in my neck of the woods

I have seen tssn multiple times in my life, but I cannot recall ever having a genuine t storm with heavy rain with as deep a snowpack as I presently have here in Elkhart.  As the cowardly lion said,  "Strange weather we're havin', ain't it?"

I feel like it happens every year around here lately.

2007-08 has some good rainers on top of decent snowpack. That was of course, a hyper active winter.

Models nailed this one as being NBD for LAF with rainfall. Snoozer really as the heaviest should be north and south of here. Hopefully when the backside winds kick in later tonight/overnight, they'll be worthy.

Not sure what's worse, colder temps with melting snow and rain which clogs storm drains and creates ponding on the roads or warmer temps and melting snow that have an opportunity to drain off the roads. 

It's a mess either way out there. Had to wear my boots to work today! No fog yet, but I can see that happening later.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA1117 AM EST THU FEB 20 2014..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..1056 AM     FLOOD            ANGOLA                  41.63N  85.00W02/20/2014                   STEUBEN            IN   EMERGENCY MNGR            EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTS SEVERAL ROADS FLOODED            THROUGHOUT STEUBEN COUNTY. SOME ROADS ARE IMPASSABLE.            REPORTS OF FLOODING IN BUILDINGS AS WELL.

Had t storms between 8 and 9 a.m. here IMBY.  1.10" at IWX office so far.

Also impressive to have a svr t storm warning for Des Moines at present when they are also under a blizzard warning for later.

The Blizzard warning for Des Moines starts 45 minutes after the severe thunderstorm warning expires. Just time enough for a quick nosh between events... :popcorn:

Archived