12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 20-21 Heavy Rain/Flooding/High Wind Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have we learned the past few months....Don't travel on I-65.

0820 PM TSTM WND DMG FRANKFORT 40.28N 86.51W

02/20/2014 CLINTON IN AMATEUR RADIO

PUBLIC SERVICE REPORTS OVERTURNED SEMI ON I-65 NEAR

FRANKFORT...LEAKING PROPANE. INTERSTATE SHUT DOWN.

lol, isn't that the truth?

What have we learned the past few months....Don't travel on I-65.

0820 PM TSTM WND DMG FRANKFORT 40.28N 86.51W

02/20/2014 CLINTON IN AMATEUR RADIO

PUBLIC SERVICE REPORTS OVERTURNED SEMI ON I-65 NEAR

FRANKFORT...LEAKING PROPANE. INTERSTATE SHUT DOWN.

I am convinced they could widen I-65 to 10 lanes and it would still be a complete mess.

0.73" of liquid (1.2" snow) at DTW today so far...probably pick up a bit more with the line now in W MI. Other than ponding and minor flooding on streets, most of the rain sponged right into the snowpack so all of the flooding concerns were largely avoided. Now..onto the wind.

Just kicking the can down the road.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  

920 PM CST THU FEB 20 2014  

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON  

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.  

..REMARKS..  

0740 PM NON-TSTM WND GST 4 NE CHICAGO 41.92N 87.57W  

02/20/2014 M70 MPH LMZ741 IL C-MAN STATION  

MEASURED AT THE HARRISON DEVER CRIB. ALSO A 70 MPH GUST  

AT 850 PM CST.  

How's your snowpack holding up?

Quite well...probably 14-15" or so....DTW still just 37F at 10pm so we are running behind on temps...interested to see the temp spike and how short lived it is here (obviously Im hoping for a short duration). I see ORD the last 4 hours went 39F, 49F, 42F, 38F. The temp spike appears to be more brief than models had indicated.

Quite well...probably 14-15" or so....DTW still just 37F at 10pm so we are running behind on temps...interested to see the temp spike and how short lived it is here (obviously Im hoping for a short duration). I see ORD the last 4 hours went 39F, 49F, 42F, 38F. The temp spike appears to be more brief than models had indicated.

12z Euro had Toronto only getting up to 38F. I doubt that verifies, but am hoping it does. My snowpack early this evening was about 12.5".

Craziest day ever.

I will see just about everything in 24hrs! Snow->Heavy Snow->Sleet->Freezing Rain->Rain->Drizzle->Thunderstorm/Lightning->Fog->Minor Flooding->Wind. Up next: Rapid Temp climb->Rapid temp drop->Flurries/Snow Showers->Partly sunny skies. The End

whats your depth? No flooding issues there either?

Averaging around 6" now. Wind and mid 30s still doing some dirty work out there.

Well there was street flooding earlier. Not sure what the rivers are doing this evening. I would imagine they would get up to bankful tomorrow.

Craziest day ever.

I will see just about everything in 24hrs! Snow->Heavy Snow->Sleet->Freezing Rain->Rain->Drizzle->Thunderstorm/Lightning->Fog->Minor Flooding->Wind. Up next: Rapid Temp climb->Rapid temp drop->Flurries/Snow Showers->Partly sunny skies. The End

Definitely one of the wildest weather days (in terms of the weather variety) we've seen in a long time. 

Craziest day ever.

This is taking the age old saying of "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute" to a whole new extreme.

Torching to 50F at KDET as of 1am.

Archived