• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

Had 11.5" in Port Jeff at 10:15 AM...have only added another 0.5" in the last 2 hours for a total of 12.0" as snow and sleet or just plain sleet accumulates at a far slower rate than plain snow.  Snow may be over for today here...though we might catch something after midnight...models seem to indicate a miss here...but after this morning...you never know...lol.

Current snow depth is around 20 inches.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 here and it was painfull to watch (and shovel) nothing worse then being soaking wet while shoveling. Having lived in lb for 7 years I know you did even worse

At least we were right about north of us as we kept sayi thump thump only to get burned burned locally

Wow, suprised you don't have as much. I'm one of the only few posters here on the south shore that did good. I'm only 3 miles from the water and I'm usually in the same boat as you guys when it comes to these marginal setups.

I'd be very careful on that. We have to see if the low closes off again in the right spot and generates the precip needed for us. Also, the temps have to crash in order to support it. Already got burned once with this storm, won't get burned again.

you're the unsung expert on this board.  you probably provide more valuable insight than anyone else.

Had 11.5" in Port Jeff at 10:15 AM...have only added another 0.5" in the last 2 hours for a total of 12.0" as snow and sleet or just plain sleet accumulates at a far slower rate than plain snow. Snow may be over for today here...though we might catch something after midnight...models seem to indicate a miss here...but after this morning...you never know...lol.

So no round 2 for Long Island?

Wow, suprised you don't have as much. I'm one of the only few posters here on the south shore that did good. I'm only 3 miles from the water and I'm usually in the same boat as you guys when it comes to these marginal setups.

Trust me I'm super pissed going to my gf house in north wantagh will measure there. 2 miles north and I'm sure 2" more

Holding out hope for the Ccb

Happy the short term models are showing it show up here as we have gone over that over and over

So no round 2 for Long Island?

The models didn't look so great for where I'm at...N. Shore of central Suffolk...though they did seem to produce a nice hit to my west.  The 18z & midnight runs should do a good job of pinpointing the most favored spots.

Had 11.5" in Port Jeff at 10:15 AM...have only added another 0.5" in the last 2 hours for a total of 12.0" as snow and sleet or just plain sleet accumulates at a far slower rate than plain snow.  Snow may be over for today here...though we might catch something after midnight...models seem to indicate a miss here...but after this morning...you never know...lol.

Just drove to PJ from Wading River, you definitely held onto the sleet/snow mix longer than we did.  Noticeable difference.  Great to see two Februarys in a row with 20"+ on the ground.

Just drove to PJ from Wading River, you definitely held onto the sleet/snow mix longer than we did.  Noticeable difference.  Great to see two Februarys in a row with 20"+ on the ground.

The sleet line made it this far.  Well over a foot, probably close to 15" with drifts almost to the top of my Subie wagons.  We had the most awesome flake size for about two and a half hours but now they're smaller and mixing, the visibility is up from ~300 feet to a little over 1/8 mi and the wind seems to have just about died and the temp is hovering around 28*.

Archived