• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

Upton has me in 18-24" lol...they kind of went much too high here I think...I have about 10 so far...so expecting 8-14" tonight ? Ouch

If that's the case, my arms are going to fall off lol. My snow blower broke right as the season began so it's all manual removal for me.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rain and sleet before 10pm, then snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. Windy, with a north wind 21 to 31 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible."

For brooklyn

This is really something cool to watch. We have a low pressure trying to slide east, but slowing down and curving toward the North and West as a result of the the low in the Great Lakes.  Now a binary effect occurs where the low riding up the coast is basically staying put off the coast until a new "Central Low" forms off the Jersey Coast.  As all this happens, the upper level vorticities off the coast and great lakes merge, and the coastal low drops 15 millibars as it begins to depart.  This will allow some areas to sit in the deformation zone for an extended period of time, which will likely drop 1-4" an hour for 4-5 hours.  

Archived