Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.5-9 in Woodbridge before the complete change to rain around 12 45 pm. I think the forecasts were damn close by all. CBS 4-8 for metro was lower end, but ABC at 6-10 was right. CPK with 9.5. Now, if more comes in tonight, then they will bust a bit.Lee Goldberg just said 2-6 overnight. That's a lot of leeway, and 6 would make their original forecast bust low, but not by much.

Kind of bothers me that some local stations are saying that they had called for it to happen this extreme...and the NWS didn't really see it coming. not true!!! NWS had me in 10-14" since early yesterday when we even doubted it ! Unbelievable

I won't stay off topic for too long, just wanted to agree 100% - Upton & Mt. Holly have done a fantastic job with this storm considering the uniquely difficult forecast. I've heard similar sentiments too...

That would mean another 6-10 inches on top of the 12-13 i already have. Can anyone confirm the Euro is showing this much? I see the RAP is showing around .50 so that may be accurate.

Yes, the euro focuses the band on Trenton and especially north of Trenton. The RAP focuses it on the lower Hudson valley...and the newest RAP just out now gives the NYC area about 4-5" of snow

Archived