joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow seems to be starting to relinquish it's grip on the central counties, finally. It's been a pretty long duration event without having the late morning/afternoon lull in the action. It's been snowing for the better part of 20 hours here. 

Huge over-performer in my opinion. I wonder when the last time the snow depth was this high at UNV.

Seriously? I just took a jeb walk and it's really not pretty out. We have moisture coming off the Atlantic and converging right over us, so I'd really hope that we can cash in on some more snow. 

CC from DIX shows the mix line quickly retreating. 

attachicon.gifgrlevel3 2014-02-13 19-32-40-52.png

definitely need to cash in

Guess your fear this morning was unwarranted eh  :pimp:

Hope you enjoyed this one.  Biggest snowfall in several years here at UNV.  Looks like our band is weakening but still should squeeze a couple more hours of light snow out of it.

Yes, it was unwarranted in the end, but that is a good thing. :) Quite an interesting event - we never really reached "heavy" snow but it just kept piling up in our favor. 18-19 hours, nice duration. And I'll definitely take an 8-8.5" final!

Moderate, bordering on heavy snow again in Lebanon County. Radar looks great for this area...thinking we can pick up another 3" or so.

Enjoy and keep racking it up!!!

Heading out to shovel now and enjoy our deepest snow depth of the past 10 years  :snowing:

If only tomorrow wasn't V-Day I'd be hitting Blue Knob ASAP.  Those glades still should be nice all weekend though... especially if we could even tack on a couple more inches Saturday  :o

I am assuming a snow depth of 15" at tomorrow morning's ob at State College.  The last time when the depth was as high was 15 February 2004.  

Interesting. Didn't UNV end up with 14" during the 02-05/06 (2010) storm? Plus the 02-09 storm after that, I thought the depth would of been higher. Not doubting you. Just was curious.

Archived