joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part IV

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-0.5F here at the moment.

Fascinating storm to say the least.  Might have to reserve some prime time for the latest edition of "Model Wars". 

Back when I was a meteorology major (ahem, WAY back) at Millersville, there was no Euro, no UKie, etc.  I think the NWS at that time used the Global Spectral model?  Anyway, we'd just go ask Barry Walton. 

Still enjoy weather as hobby and once again thank our board experts for their insights and analysis.

Down to -14

The coldest of the year for me but they didnt delay school?

What gives? they were delaying school earlier in the year when it wasnt even this cold.

Are we just used to it now?

My guess...the cold wasn't a huge news story this time around so nobody really paid attention. Plus there are no winds this morning as opposed to previous cold shots.

Reached 0 again this morning, it's been a memorable winter for sure.

Since it looks like we could very well flip down here, perhaps a Chambersburg/Carlisle/Tamaqua jackpot?

Still think someone in York county jackpots. That deformation band will be intense. Even if they flip to sleet, damage will be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to -14

The coldest of the year for me but they didnt delay school?

What gives? they were delaying school earlier in the year when it wasnt even this cold.

Are we just used to it now?

i was thinking the same for here, i had 3 degrees when i woke up, they were delaying or calling school off when it was 5. I can't possiably know what our Super is thinking, but i would suspect he has this snow storm in the back of his head and thinking Thursday and maybe friday are days he is gonna have to tack on at the end of the year!

Still think someone in York county jackpots. That deformation band will be intense. Even if they flip to sleet, damage will be done.

Sent from my iPhone

i was just telling a co-worker that York is gonna get smacked. And there are people still without power down that way, talk about getting kicked in the nads

sref_namer_042_precip_p24.gif

1 inch almost totally encompasses the LSV & spread has decreased. Nice trends.

Zak, what's your opinion of the pressure falls as related to the current track of our Low? A met in the Southeastern forum was saying he thinks the low is going to consolidate and track a bit east of where the Euro track was predicting, at least down there, based off current pressure falls.

Archived