• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 12-13 Storm, Part III: Trilogy ends and then Obs thread soon!

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was noted from folks at EMC early in the warm (convective) season last year that the GFS was still having some gridscale feedback issues with convective "bullseyes" in the QPF with (because of the this) a cool/wet surface bias. Again this was during the warm season, but if the model was struggling with convection then, it may be having some issues now.

Still, we all know too well how deepening/expanding convection to the s-se can disrupt what would otherwise be a nice, well defined WAA/isentropic upglide thump.  Let's hope that doesn't happen, because if we don't get our 4-8+ on the front end...then it could get ugly in here real fast..

Both Hi-Res HRW and NMM mesoscale 00z runs are crushers to the 95 corridor. Similar to 4km NAM. Precip likely overdone but the structure is fantastic.

NMM: ~1.75 QPF  (maybe slightly more?) for DCA through 48

ARW: ~1.75 QPF  (slightly more?) for DCA through 48... 2"+ is just east of the I-95 corridor... parallels it like 20 miles east from BWI to DCA

Both Hi-Res HRW and NMM mesoscale 00z runs are crushers to the 95 corridor. Similar to 4km NAM. Precip likely overdone but the structure is fantastic.

I'm feeling more like I did this time last night than this time midday.  Since I stayed up till 1230 I might as well watch the Euro... but I won't.  Hopefully somebody gets the face ready though. 

Archived