• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Not here, down in GA/SC will start tonight.  Board might become a lot more quiet tonight as a lot of them will be losing power.

You got that right. Its not wasting time getting started in TX. Radar just keeps growing and growing.

By 8pm its going to be looking atlot different than now.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southplains_loop.php

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pack, I'm guessing we're still swimming at the end?

Yes, definitely, with that track.  Luckily we are right at 33F at 6z Thursday, so most of it's frozen until then, then we dry slot some, and maybe that's our best bet.  Really depressing, been following this storm for a week now and this happens, I am so ready for spring.  At this point I don't really care anymore, I will still watch because I do think the Euro is to far west, the consensus is over HAT, or just inside, not over PGV, which is 100 miles west of everyone else.  Will see though.  Curious to see what HPC says.

Just saw your post.  Well, that seals it.  Sorry Brick.  Widre was right.  A few flakes, a sleet pellet or two, some glaze and a washout.  Maybe next year....

Euro never goes east.  Unfortunate.

CAE and ATL will be having a historic record breaking ice storm, the Euro just crushes them with an ice storm.  I am really glad we won't have to worry about that, losing power, trees droping, etc…feel bad for them

Yes, definitely, with that track. Luckily we are right at 33F at 6z Thursday, so most of it's frozen until then, then we dry slot some, and maybe that's our best bet. Really depressing, been following this storm for a week now and this happens, I am so ready for spring. At this point I don't really care anymore, I will still watch because I do think the Euro is to far west, the consensus is over HAT, or just inside, not over PGV, which is 100 miles west of everyone else. Will see though. Curious to see what HPC says.

The next run will probably be up I-95.

The Euro drops like 5" of SN in Raleigh, actually.  It does change over to rain, though.

I'm not a fan of the track, though I'm still probably good for 10-12", verbatim.  We're sleeting for a bit, but that's a ton of QPF and it's borderline.  I'm going to correct it SE a tick per the WPC correction and call it a day. ;)

It's gonna go right over Hatteras or a tick west of it, still IMO.  You have a ton of very experienced mets and every model that isn't the Euro on that.  I know the Doc is the Doc and all, but it's still pretty money, even if it misses the SLP track by 100 miles.....it had this thing 7 damn days ago.  It's allowed to make a slight course error :)

James, if you wouldn't mind, would you run a sounding for Btown?  That's a little bit beyond my amateur capabilities at the moment and I'm curious as to just how much sleet the Doc is mixing in for us....(saw yours for GSO but not sure exactly how much difference that 18-20 miles makes between Guilford and Alamance). 

january 2011 redux? Rap says so...the radar/totals look uncanny. It  hammers atlanta to athens with snow...although atlanta might be mixed with sleet but it's just barely above freezing in the mid levels. The rap would drop 6 inches of snow in just a few hours time if it's right. And it's still snowing at hour 18 with the radar projection looking fantastic.

WxSouth on facebook:

All systems go for an*** Historic Winter Storm *** in every sense of the word. This will be a rarely seen event for some parts of Alabama, Georgia the Carolinas region where so much snow and ice is abnormal. And I see signs the GFS and NAM and even Euro are going to be too light in some areas."

Archived