• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 3rd Snowstorm

earthlight

Wow...the NAM has 1" liquid for all interests. Very heavy snow with impressive frontogenic forcing and supportive snow growth within an area of strong UVV's. Lift is impressive, which is why precipitation totals have increased.

If correct we're likely looking at totals upward of 10" in the heavy bands with isolated totals over 12" and potential low level KU entry.

But...back to my nachos and dip. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro was the 1st to pick it up

Few days back

THE 0000 UTC OPERATIONAL ECMWF IS NOT AS AGGRESSIVE AS THE 0000

UTC GFS IN PUSHING THIS WEEKEND`S COLD FRONT WELL OFF THE COAST.

THE ECMWF SUGGESTS THAT A SURFACE WAVE WILL DEVELOP AND RIDE

NORTHEASTWARD ALONG THE FRONT, POSSIBLY BRINGING SOME

PRECIPITATION FOR MONDAY. THE GFS REMAINS DRY. WE WILL CONTINUE TO

MONITOR THE MODEL TRENDS REGARDING THE EARLY PART OF NEXT WEEK

In a great winter where every Storm has rallied in our favor , this may be the biggest storm of the year for many where as 2 days ago

the forecast was partly cloudy.

Don't fall asleep on wed or the weekend. It just wants to snow here. IMHO .

In a great winter where every Storm has rallied in our favor , this may be the biggest storm of the year for many where as 2 days ago

the forecast was partly cloudy.

Don't fall asleep on wed or the weekend. It just wants to snow here. IMHO .

you've been pretty spot on this year and I will be going all in for the weekend storm. I want a NESIS cat. 4 this weekend!

Wow...the NAM has 1" liquid for all interests. Very heavy snow with impressive frontogenic forcing and supportive snow growth within an area of strong UVV's. Lift is impressive, which is why precipitation totals have increased.

If correct we're likely looking at totals upward of 10" in the heavy bands with isolated totals over 12" and potential low level KU entry.

But...back to my nachos and dip.

I do hope you caught some of the "Lord Earthlight" fun this morning. But, seriously, you really make this site a really cool, funny and educational place.

Cheers. Back to my Stromboli....

I do hope you caught some of the "Lord Earthlight" fun this morning. But, seriously, you really make this site a really cool, funny and educational place.

Cheers. Back to my Stromboli....

I really got a good laugh out of that. Thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it. I learned a lot of what I know in this forum years ago...all the way back to WWBB and Eastern days. And so being able to have meteorology as a career and give back to the board by helping other people learn and have fun doing it..is something that I enjoy doing.

The quality of posts in this forum has improved so much over the last 3-4 years that it almost brings a tear to my eye.

Anyway, enjoy the snow!

I really got a good laugh out of that. Thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it. I learned a lot of what I know in this forum years ago...all the way back to WWBB and Eastern days. And so being able to have meteorology as a career and give back to the board by helping other people learn and have fun doing it..is something that I enjoy doing.

The quality of posts in this forum has improved so much over the last 3-4 years that it almost brings a tear to my eye.

Anyway, enjoy the snow!

you and the other moderators have done an amazing job at actually letting some non-weather related banter in the discussion threads but not too much. ive always thought humor and making fun of someone humorously is harmless and brings life to a forum. the quality in the NYC subforum has been pretty good :clap:

you and the other moderators have done an amazing job at actually letting some non-weather related banter in the discussion threads but not too much. ive always thought humor and making fun of someone humorously is harmless and brings life to a forum. the quality in the NYC subforum has been pretty good :clap:

Abso fricking lutely. Cheers and here's to the snow.

Archived