• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3rd Snowstorm

earthlight

FWIW, I favor higher amounts than 2"-4" (probably 3"-6" in the Bronx and Manhattan and 4"-8" elsewhere in the City). I'm just stating that I don't think the forecast is unreasonable

Fair. And my response was to them and not you. I just think once ths boundary cools its nuts for a bit

And sure marginal BL snow may not accumulate on the FDR but once outside the city I can't see less than 6 IMO

And 8 to 10 in the max areas.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please forgive the pesonal request here. I have a 10:30AM flight out of LGA. Based on the anticipated start time, is this right in the middle of the moderate/heavy snow? Would it be worth my trying to catch the prior flight at 9AM, or would this still be after several hours of moderate snow? Thanks for any help.

Please forgive the pesonal request here. I have a 10:30AM flight out of LGA. Based on the anticipated start time, is this right in the middle of the moderate/heavy snow? Would it be worth my trying to catch the prior flight at 9AM, or would this still be after several hours of moderate snow? Thanks for any help.

i'm at 11:12...see you there...I'm hoping LGA is warm enough in the am that not much accumulates prior to 10 or 11am...

I can't see how 2 to 4 is a fair forecast when . 75 is forecasted to fall. If 75 percent of this is snow at 10 to 1 its 5 inches.

I think 90 of this is snow , I respectfully disagree

Today 55 is irrelevant when its 31 tomorrow and 850s are minus 2 tomorrow morning.

I never look through the prism with snow goggles but I take a macro view and try and coalesce all the guidance

2 to 4 is irresponsible as to what's on tap .

I think a fair amount of the initial snow isn't going to stick. It might be reasonable to expect 5-6" to fall, but the wet and relatively warm ground is going to melt some of it on contact.

Archived