joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3rd Snowstorm

earthlight

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you mean Central NJ to Southern NJ? The ratios at NNJ is at least 10:1 on that map. 

They have slightly better dynamics that will allow the heavier precip to do it's work, so I think central/southern NJ(Trenton south) can reach 5 inches maybe slightly more.

Central NJ into PHL = better dynamics/heavier banding/more wet than white to start....4-5"

NE NJ into NYC = not the best dynamics/moderate to heavy banding/more white barely any wet....around 4"

NW NJ = not the best dynamics/moderate snow banding/all white....3-4"

I think it's all close

Central NJ into PHL = better dynamics/heavier banding/more wet than white to start....4-5"

NE NJ into NYC = not the best dynamics/moderate to heavy banding/more white barely any wet....around 4"

NW NJ = not the best dynamics/moderate snow banding/all white....3-4"

I think it's all close

Exactly. Went right with my call.

Exactly. Went right with my call.

I made that call on here yesterday evening because these types of storms have happened before...this won't be epic by any means, but will still be a significant event I'm sure. Reminds me of a mid march snowfall actually. Also, compare it to our last storm. Snow fell into temps around 10 degrees with a little over 0.5" qpf. We have similar qpf amounts here but ratios might literally be 1/3 of what they were last storm for some areas. I received 9" or so last storm. Assuming ratios are not exactly 1/3 of the last storm but more like 3/8 of it, it would be around 4" here. It's also worth noting that while total snowfall accumulated maps might show 6-8" for our area or any area....snow depth maps on all of those models never really exceed 4.5" and show more like 3-4" for the area.

My final call. Upped amounts slightly mostly heavily weighing RGEM, Euro, NAM and early high Rez guidance. Giving GFS some weight for its warmth and NAM because 925 warm noses never lose. Sorry Southeast coast. Hope I'm wrong.

Crayola called...it wants its crayons back :lmao: nice looking map accumulations wise though :clap:

your from staten island, that explains it haha. seriously though I just feel NYC proper on east is 4-5" with the main show in CNJ to pauls front door in Monmouth county :whistle:

Its true, i'm the biggest weenie out there, but yeah I think i'm in a good spot for tomorrow, just like njblizzard said. Too bad I have to drive to class at 9 tomorrow going to be a b*tch to get there.

Its true, i'm the biggest weenie out there, but yeah I think i'm in a good spot for tomorrow, just like njblizzard said. Too bad I have to drive to class at 9 tomorrow going to be a b*tch to get there.

im on the road by 6-630 and im taking the dodge ram tomorrow so i'll be good and by 430 it should be fine driving home...I hope :snowing:

I have a 2012 VW GLI with air suspension as well and It did pretty good in the two hour drive home in the mid week storm a couple weeks back

The storm on the 21'st? Because with the little coating on the roads people were slipping around when I was driving home, granted the snows from that storm were very dry so that didnt help at all ;). Overall for my area I wouldn't be shocked to see 8 inches if everything goes well.

Archived