joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now 1119 days, or 3.07 years since the last heavy single fall of snow (6"+) for Hawkeye and myself.  Probably getting really old for other members to read this kind of crap from us, but get used to it cause it's only gonna get worse from here on as this asinine stretch of bs continues.  Now that we're getting into March the chances that we'll make it through the rest of the season at status quo is looking more likely by the day.  It's actually a pretty impressive stretch, but from an enthusiast's perspective it's pretty depressing. 

Now 1119 days, or 3.07 years since the last heavy single fall of snow (6"+) for Hawkeye and myself.  Probably getting really old for other members to read this kind of crap from us, but get used to it cause it's only gonna get worse from here on as this asinine stretch of bs continues.  Now that we're getting into March the chances that we'll make it through the rest of the season at status quo is looking more likely by the day.  It's actually a pretty impressive stretch, but from an enthusiast's perspective it's pretty depressing. 

that's nuts

kind of feel bad about the weekend event evaporating now

You'll get more then 6 inches over the weekend.

I swear this Winter will go down with the most consecutive days of sunshine on record -_-. Next week looks pretty boring weather wise as well. Zzzzz!! What a waste of cold air!  

If it aint going to snow, bring on spring atleast. I'm tired of this extreme cold.

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's time to unplug the NAM.  Pretty much a worthless POS.  The old ETA was more reliable than the NAM.  Hell the NGM might have been a better model than this current NAM. 

^^^Seconded.

Such a terrible excuse for a model.

I don't know what Hawkeye and I did back in Feb 2011 to piss off the snow gods, but apparently we're gonna have to sacrifice a chicken or two, or something before next winter to appease the snow gods.

Part of it may be from living near what was the proverbial jackpot zone for like 5 winters and thus Madison. You sit on that storm track.. Thus you may wanna burn down that town. :devilsmiley: Notice the minute the talk shifted to a possible hit for there after that 00z NAM run the models etc went in full reverse mode.. :o

BTW.. You think it is bad there check out Lansing, MI and then ALL surrounding areas. Been this way for more then a few years now as well. After this winter they will be holding on to one of the oldest seasonal snowfall record on the board from 1880-81.. They have not even come close to it either ( 97.2" and closest was 04-05 with 73.3" ) unlike nearly every other location on this whole forum.

But seriously.. The drought will end eventually for you guys..

Might not be the last time.  Sure powder can happen late March into April but odds turn more in favor of wetter snow.

I honestly would love a 5-6" cake snow ... some of those IL pictures today a sweet!!

Yeah I am a bit tired of my second job this winter (shoveling my driveway) but I would not have it any other way!!! :pimp:

Archived