joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I seen about seven or eight cars on the side of road flat tires because of potholes. It's an epidemic right now

My biggest worry is "frost Laws' and commercial trucks, our business will be screwed until May this year.

That was the ONLY good thing about 2011-2012 winter, short frost law.

My biggest worry is "frost Laws' and commercial trucks, our business will be screwed until May this year.

That was the ONLY good thing about 2011-2012 winter, short frost law.

Yep. I'm in the road buisness the longer the law is up the longer I have to wait to start projects which means one way or another these jobs are getting done...80+ hr weeks here I come. :yikes:

Figured this was a better thread to put this in:

Kind of off topic I know, but tom Skilling just posted saying that this January was the 4th warmest on record for the planet as a whole since 1880. Pretty incredible and really makes one think. Pretty much everywhere else in the world has been torching this winter.

http://blog.chicagoweathercenter.com/2014/02/22/snow-to-fall-a-6th-consecutive-saturday-here-chicagos-cold-snowy-january-in-stark-contrast-with-planets-4th-warmest-overall-ranking-for-the-month/

Some of the potholes are so bad in the city they actually have considered closing a few. One of them was Greenfield Rd from Southfield down to Dearborn. I had to take the surface streets somewhere a month or so back and it was just ridiculous how torn up the road was.  It literally looked like they were in the process of grinding down the old asphalt or something.

Kind of off topic I know, but tom Skilling just posted saying that this January was the 4th warmest on record for the planet as a whole since 1880. Pretty incredible and really makes one think. Pretty much everywhere else in the world has been torching this winter.

http://blog.chicagoweathercenter.com/2014/02/22/snow-to-fall-a-6th-consecutive-saturday-here-chicagos-cold-snowy-january-in-stark-contrast-with-planets-4th-warmest-overall-ranking-for-the-month/

certain parts of the world are consistently warmer than they used to be. Luckily its not us lol. It sounds silly to say "38th consecutive warmer than normal jan" :lol:

Since torching is anything over normal, albeit .10 or more... I guess that's semi accurate. 

1930's would be torching compared to 1970's.

Funny other data shows global temps are down (see JB's video).  I am not surprised by this push by Skillings though.

JB is overboard in the other direction though. February is quite a bit cooler than January, Jan was .71C over the 100 year average, Feb is around .49 I think.

JB is overboard in the other direction though. February is quite a bit cooler than January, Jan was .71C over the 100 year average, Feb is around .49 I think.

Yup. Everyone (cool or warm) who is so into the topic has massive agenda they try to push, one way or the other. We should probably put this talk to rest though as there is a forum for it.

And yes..potholes...are an absolute joke right now. Driving I probably look drunk with my swerving. I feel like Im in a video game.

Yup. Everyone (cool or warm) who is so into the topic has massive agenda they try to push, one way or the other. We should probably put this talk to rest though as there is a forum for it.

And yes..potholes...are an absolute joke right now. Driving I probably look drunk with my swerving. I feel like Im in a video game.

You're not alone.

Car repair shops will make a killing once the Spring/Summer get here.

My point is each side find data to prove there point these days.  I wasn't picking side with my post.

I'm not familiar with his overall stance on the issue. I'm guessing from the article that he's very much in the man-made global warming camp?

Very much so.

FYI ... I don't want to get into that GW/CC waste of time debate here. That in another section the forum.

My point is each side find data to prove there point these days.  I wasn't picking side with my post.

Very much so.

FYI ... I don't want to get into that GW/CC waste of time debate here. That in another section the forum.

No problem. Just briefly brought it up here given I find that in the climate change thread, they're a bit more...argumentative than people here! :)

Archived