12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seriously remember looking at the AVN on the internet in the early 90s? Put the Jack down..

I worked at the Climate Analysis Center (now the Climate Prediction Center) in Camp Springs. I was there for the Super STorm in '93 as well. The NWS HQ was there and we had weather briefings daily! Would go down and watch it with Lou Uccellini and all the guys with big paper charts! Also we would pull up stuff on a PS2 that we had! Fun times...

I worked at the Climate Analysis Center (now the Climate Prediction Center) in Camp Springs. I was there for the Super STorm in '93 as well. The NWS HQ was there and we had weather briefings daily! Would go down and watch it with Lou Uccellini and all the guys with big paper charts! Also we would pull up stuff on a PS2 that we had! Fun times...

:santa:

every piece of guidance gives DC metro 1"+...I'd bump to 5 if you dont like making big jumps

yeah.. tho the euro is pretty close to screwing dc at least.  the 850s are still above 0 at sunrise. 5 might get me in trouble lol.

yeah.. tho the euro is pretty close to screwing dc at least. the 850s are still above 0 at sunrise. 5 might get me in trouble lol.

12z euro was backing down from it's burp run last night. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it looks gfs'ish with just enough sketch in temps to make you worry while still being on the winning side of the run.

12z euro was backing down from it's burp run last night. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it looks gfs'ish with just enough sketch in temps to make you worry while still being on the winning side of the run.

I'm super sketched at this point. It's like a warmer Jan 2011 with less dynamics.

Funny...I was working for a private forecasting company in Cleveland, OH during that storm, and was on duty through it.  One of our clients was actually the NY State Thruway.  I remember watching the NGM (yes, that model!!) print-out come out, awaiting the details line-by-line while looking at the radar and checking reports.  I also remember stating in my forecasts that places on the Thruway in central NY would be getting 2-4 *feet*.  They called back to confirm that wasn't a typo or something!  Well, Syracuse got 40".  Northeast OH got hit pretty hard by that as well, there were blizzard warnings and we got 6-12".  I spent that Saturday night at a hotel downtown after my shift, they put me up there knowing I wouldn't be able to get home.

Truly a wild time, and a lot of fun!

(EDIT...I was at NCEP when they were in Camp Springs during PD-II.  That was really exciting, the week leading up to it!)

Archived