• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

Based on the 30hr NAM, I'm guessing it will be wetter this run, it's a little faster with the last piece of energy which also may mean we end up warmer than the previous run.   Course, it's just a linear mind guess and guessing model behavior is silly.

but the 18Z was pretty cold AND pretty far south so there's room to play when comparing it to the 18z NAM run

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in terms of models we are actually pretty far away from the event... a lot can happen in 50-60 hours...here is the current guidance for DCA, people can extrapolate for their own backyard,..

from Wettest to Driest, all approximations..QPF, Snowfall

12z Canadian - 1", 4-5"

12z Euro - 0.75", 1-2"

21z SREF - 0.55", 2-3"

0z NAM - 0.50", 2-3"

12z Euro ens - 0.45", 2"

12z Canadian ensembles - 0.35", 1-2"

18z GEFS - 0.35", 1-2"

12z JMA - 0.35", ?

15z SREF - 0.30", 2"

18z GFS - 0.25" - 1-2"

18z NAM - 0.25", maybe 1"

I think it will end up around the same QPF as the Euro before all is said and done even if the NAM ins't there yet. It's vort is looking better each run and is in a good spot.

The best part is if/when precip gets really going overhead it will be pretty heavy. If surface is going to walk the line we need a pasting. I feel pretty good and have almost expected a wetter solution since the euro/eps first started advertising a few days ago.

This type of storm is definitely in the euro's laser. I've been hugging it and not just because it's shown better for us

Archived