joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is 2" for me and you....HI - RES shows a period of mod -  heavy snow between 10pm - 1am

Tried to look at the hi res NMA on wxBell but it isn't in yet.  Looks to me from the regular NAM that DCA gets around .15 or so and I get .20 but the weather bell color scheme isn't very friendly to old eyes. 

yeah somehow it will still set up over katie and leesburg.

I see it with my sister now living well NW of philly...I think models had her in the 0.25" contour for 1/21 until close to gametime and she got 12-13" I think...we're just spooked...being on the NW edge with a trending storm is awesome..

Tried to look at the hi res NMA on wxBell but it isn't in yet.  Looks to me from the regular NAM that DCA gets around .15 or so and I get .20 but the weather bell color scheme isn't very friendly to old eyes. 

0.18" for DCA...0.25" contour 5-10 mi south of your house

I see it with my sister now living well NW of philly...I think models had her in the 0.25" contour for 1/21 until close to gametime and she got 12-13" I think...we're just spooked...being on the NW edge with a trending storm is awesome..

It can be awesome. I think there's a reason we don't get north trends as much as places north. I have kept it in mind throughout though.. I said we were SNE on this one a few days ago. ;) 

That said I have very little confidence in the edge. It could just not happen as well. 

It can be awesome. I think there's a reason we don't get north trends as much as places north. I have kept it in mind throughout though.. I said we were SNE on this one a few days ago. ;)

That said I have very little confidence in the edge. It could just not happen as well. 

hopefully we are in the 0.25" contour by this afternoon...that would give us a nice 2-4" event

Sorry, I'm on Matt's team. Fully expecting to shovel my driveway tomorrow AM.

Archived