Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 30-February 2nd Wave Train

Chicago Storm

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want detroit to put up a kiss of death wsw anyways lol.. This yr se mi can do no wrong so I don't see a wsw jinx coming in to play anyways.

lol. Still laughing that they put up a WWA for blowing snow literally right after it snowed 3-4 inches with the last arctic front. We do seem to do better when DTX is conservative vs them being bullish.

Unsettling qpf numbers being shown as ice on this run for mby. 

Looks like LAF starts out and ends as snow with the mixed bag in between.

BTW, these are CoD's new fcst soundings and we also have hodographs now (with storm motion plotted) but with soundings they have a new look overall and in the convection season you can adjust parcel trajectories (SBCAPE/MLCAPE)

Unsettling qpf numbers being shown as ice on this run for mby.

NAM QPF. Slice and dice it a bit.

All about the ice potential for us now. But it looks like 2m temps are getting warmer with each run.

Snow is pretty much dead...other than a little to start with, if that.

One positive for less icing is that 2m temps become borderline but the lingering cold surfaces/objects makes it tougher to figure out how much accretion there would be in this scenario. 

we had 38 degrees and freezing rain on the secondary roads a few weeks ago on that Friday nite.  Never seen that before.

NAM QPF. Slice and dice it a bit.

All about the ice potential for us now. But it looks like 2m temps are getting warmer with each run.

Snow is pretty much dead...other than a little to start with, if that.

killjoy :P

NAM gives us about 2" on the front end with nothing tomorrow night/early Friday.  I still think 2-4" is in play assuming the NAM isn't correct on tomorrow night/early Friday being totally dry.

killjoy :P

NAM gives us about 2" on the front end with nothing tomorrow night/early Friday. I still think 2-4" is in play assuming the NAM isn't correct on tomorrow night/early Friday being totally dry.

I only do that if it's not all snow. :whistle:;)

For real though, we know the drill with the NAM. But I guess we'll see what the other models have to say. Maybe they'll also get wetter...

Nice run for the GTA but i still think the models are overplaying the WAA. 

ul s/w shearing out. stringy, open wave at 850/700. Modest sfc development. Not a huge candidate for over-performing WAA. But just the spatial positioning of all those features a little further to the north could be enough to throw a crimp into our game.

I'll stick with my 2-4" prelim. call but if that's what the NAM looks like on Friday night, amounts are obviously going to have to be boosted some.

Archived