12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May have been posted but here it is anyway...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
523 PM EST SUN DEC 19 2010

MAZ017>024-RIZ005>008-200400-
BARNSTABLE MA-BLOCK ISLAND RI-BRISTOL RI-DUKES MA-
EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-NANTUCKET MA-NEWPORT RI-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-
SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-WASHINGTON RI-
WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-
523 PM EST SUN DEC 19 2010

...LIGHT SNOW EXPECTED OVER SOUTHEASTERNMOST NEW ENGLAND
OVERNIGHT...

LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED OVER SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS TONIGHT. OCEAN
EFFECT BANDS OF SNOW SHOWERS MAY ALSO OCCUR IN SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH
COUNTY MASSACHUSETTS. IN GENERAL...1 TO 2 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION IS
FORECAST BUT 3 INCHES IS POSSIBLE IN LOCALIZED AREAS...ESPECIALLY IN
SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH COUNTY OR THE UPPERMOST PORTION OF CAPE COD. A
LIGHT DUSTING IS POSSIBLE OVER CAPE ANN...THE SOUTH SHORE OF
BOSTON...INTERIOR SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...AND SOUTHERN RHODE
ISLAND.

SNOW AND SNOW SHOWERS MAY CONTINUE ALONG THE MASSACHUSETTS COAST
OFF AND ON MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...ALONG WITH STRONG GUSTY WINDS.
SOME LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED. BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT...SEVERAL
INCHES MAY HAVE FALLEN OVER PARTS OF CAPE COD BUT IT WILL BE OVER A
PROLONGED TIME PERIOD.

MOTORISTS SHOULD ALWAYS DRIVE WITH EXTRA CAUTION IN ANY SNOW.

$$

FIELD

Ok I see on google maps. :) Guess you were in that general area years ago also... I was 40 miles below Albany in IRC days..but now 25 miles WNW of ALB......

Dryslot I just saw your earlier comments...we may need all the good luck we can get to pull this off.

Rick, I'm right near White Cliff down in Plymouth. Basically I'm at the cape cod canal, just a few miles north on the water.

I hope the Cape gets a nice surprise and winds up with close to a half foot by Wednesday after all this nonsense. A white Christmas down the Cape and a brown Christmas at ORH. How appropriate.

I'm still feeling pretty good for a white Christmas...but it would certianly suck to get a brown Christmas. Haven't had once since 2006.

I work on my own ...mainly for attorneys on estate cases...doing the genealogy locating the heirs etc. Sometimes I have to testify, etc., but anyway it takes me to court houses all over NY and w. NE so I get to see whats going on with the wx. :) It's doing "ok." ....people keep dying so it's recession proof...

What are you doing now for work, Rick? Are things going well?

I work on my own ...mainly for attorneys on estate cases...doing the genealogy locating the heirs etc. Sometimes I have to testify, etc., but anyway it takes me to court houses all over NY and w. NE so I get to see whats going on with the wx. :) It's doing "ok." ....people keep dying so it's recession proof...

which is exactly why most of what I do is estate planning/administration

I'm witcha' on dat

It's not bad ...I really don't like appearing in court and sitting there with four attorneys grilling me, but its mainly NYC that forces the genealogist to do that. Dunno if I'd want to be the attorney and always have to do the court thing. No doubt its more lucrative though. :)

which is exactly why most of what I do is estate planning/administration

I'm witcha' on dat

It's not bad ...I really don't like appearing in court and sitting there with four attorneys grilling me, but its mainly NYC that forces the genealogist to do that. Dunno if I'd want to be the attorney and always have to do the court thing. No doubt its more lucrative though. :)

never had to do it in 27 years

MD laws are diff than up there

if PR doesn't know the address of interested person, notice in paper suffices for due process

I never did get off on the court thing

a lot of people who got beat up as obnoxious children become lawyers and get their kicks by grilling people which I've always found pretty pathetic

I guess getting beat up as a child never had much of a permanent effect on me :guitar:

NY goes to the absolute extreme re: missing distributees as we say - even if they aren't getting a thing in the will. Good law for the legal industry I'd say. LOL 80% of my work are probate cases where they just make us turn over all sorts of stones to find the relatives and serve them. I only have to testify in intestate things usually.

never had to do it in 27 years

MD laws are diff than up there

if PR doesn't know the address of interested person, notice in paper suffices for due process

I never did get off on the court thing

a lot of people who got beat up as obnoxious children become lawyers and get their kicks by grilling people which I've always found pretty pathetic

I guess getting beat up as a child never had much of a permanent effect on me :guitar:

It's interesting that the line I threw out there of Marshfield to New Bedford is about where this is setting up. The radar looks good, but ground truth - it's just a light rain/snow mix here with temps to 35 and dropping.

The RUC waivers but does seem to think it will hit pretty hard late tonight. We shall see how this plays out in the next few hours as I suspect as we see the real banding setup it will be a sharp edge.

Look south of MVY now, that one heavy band is starting to shoot NNE and looks like it will pass just east of the canal. The NAM totals may be pretty good but they may be too far west, we shall see. Going to be a super tight gradient.

Archived