• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

Yeah, only bottomed out at -1F, but that's to be expected on the hill. Maybe an inch tomorrow and something monday. We need a good hitter soon. Freakin snow is sublimating on a daily basis. Looks really ratty in the woods.

If you just looked out the window and didn't go out into the cold you'd swear it was early spring: thin coating of crusty vestigal snow, patches of bare ground. At least there's no mud. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that map can't right, it puts the "heavy" snow over us.  should be pretty intense if that actually materializes, could be top 3 event for the winter so far :)

It is funny that if the pair of clippers end up doing ok, it could be a top event for the season, lol.  I'm just happy something is going to fall from the sky...and its not rain.  Its actually cold snow falling on cold snow, haha.

2-4" tomorrow up high, 1-3" Sunday Night, and another 2-4" shortwave Monday with mention of backside upslope/elevation enhancement in the AFD.  There's upside in that we're getting chances- albeit modest.  We're at least getting the flow for accumulating snow- which is a welcomed change from past weeks.

I’ve posted the latest advisories and projected accumulations maps from the BTV NWS below.  The Winter Weather Advisories and Winter Storm Warnings are all off to the west in Northern New York, but there is a notable area of projected 4-6” accumulations here along the spine of the Northern Greens, and another area along the spine in the Central Greens.  The point forecast here for that period is in the 2-5” range.

25JAN14A.jpg

25JAN14B.jpg

just started ?  I am surprised j, picked up .5' overnight, light snow all morning here, now just a hair over a whole 1"

2cd best ski of the season out back, 4" will feel like skiing on air :)

the only thing more surprising was the south wind was actually able to smooth out the yard ski center, lots of positives after a week of not being able to feel my finger tips.

just started ?  I am surprised j, picked up .5' overnight, light snow all morning here, now just a hair over a whole 1"

Yeah, just light snow with minimal accumulation here so far, but I figured you guys would already have some down based on my first look at the regional radar this morning – there were just faint echoes down here, but you can see that area up near the border with even that next tier of blue shading:

25JAN14A.gif

just started ? I am surprised j, picked up .5' overnight, light snow all morning here, now just a hair over a whole 1"

2cd best ski of the season out back, 4" will feel like skiing on air :)

the only thing more surprising was the south wind was actually able to smooth out the yard ski center, lots of positives after a week of not being able to feel my finger tips.

Radar was lit up N/NE of here all morning since 4am or so. Took about four hours to finally move into this area at Mansfield.

Some of the finest, smallest flakes you'll ever see haha.

Under 1 mile visibility with snow now.

Indeed, similar observations here; accumulation is 0.3” as of 11:00 A.M.  I’ve fired up the J&E Productions Web Cam with the calibrated blocks for anyone monitoring snowfall in this area.  I’ll be clearing the other snowboards, but I’m planning to leave that setup in place to monitor the settling with these next couple of events.

I checked the snowboard at noon, and there was 0.9” of snow on there, so snowfall was in the half inch per our range during the 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. period.

The radar signature definitely suggests the spine and points just east for this one. Enjoy :)

Archived