• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

No.everytime I connected the data logger the console stopped receiving a signal and wouldn't transmit current obs. I'm gonna need someone to come here and help me. Too dumb and too frustrating

I had a problem with mine--stopped reporting to both weatherlink and wunderground.  The support folks at Davis were able to walk me through it and had it fixed in about 20 minutes.  Worth the call.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My corner of North Andover/Middleton/Boxford, MA. After settling, in undrifted area, the snow measured 14.5 inches this morning in the same area I was measuring 16 last night.

Here are some picture of the morning after. Some of them from the same vantage points of last night's murky shots. Some other shots of the street.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/gallery/album/33-morning-after-01032014/

Shoveling, it was easy to tell what was drifted and what wasn't.

A clear case where 6 hr clearing prob would have given u 20" but that fluff stuff compacts big time

Ppl

That just wake up and look around and see 6" OTG now will prob complain of their neighbors slant sticking 9" when w/o compaction and settling that is accurate

Yup.... this is what I've written down for accurate reports.

Southington - 5"

West Hartford 5"

Collinsville 5.2"

Windsor Locks 5.0"

Coventry 7.5"

Tolland 7.3"*

Columbia 5.0"

Avon 5.0"

Pomfret 5.0"

Winsted 8.0"

Storrs 5.0"

I'd be interested to know where that Pomfret mark is as the town line is just north of me by a mile.

Picked up 6.75" here and I feel that I due a pretty accurate job measuring, and clearing the board, etc.

Edit:  I saw the HAM radio report from Brooklyn with all of the other public information spits with 6.5".  That makes my 6.75" total jive better.

I'd be interested to know where that Pomfret mark is as the town line is just north of me by a mile.

Picked up 6.75" here and I feel that I due a pretty accurate job measuring, and clearing the board, etc.

I need to find a better spot for my board it's just a nightmare. It's always low and seems really susceptible to drifting. 

That shrewsbury report looks way off. Westborough 2 miles east had 6

There's always an inflated report that comes out of there...not sure where its measured. There's going to be at least some variability though in the measurements with the extreme drifting.

There's always an inflated report that comes out of there...not sure where its measured. There's going to be at least some variability though in the measurements with the extreme drifting.

The dude that reports it is on Twitter..This is where it came from

@WX1BOX Here is the view outside my house in Shrewsbury MA where I measured 12.5" total pic.twitter.com/fgTBqsIVEC

I shoveled around 4 inches yesterday afternoon, and another 6 today.  I'm guessing if I hadn't cleared it, we would've had around 8 total here in S. Chelmsford.  I didn't venture into my yard to get a more accurate measurement.  The snow I shoveled yesterday was MUCH fluffier and lighter.  This morning the snow was pretty compacted.  It was still easier to move than the concrete we often get in these parts, but not nearly as fluffy as I thought it would be.  Yesterday's snow reminded me more of the lake effect snow we used to get in Syracuse.

I can't with confidence give a number. But somewhere around 13-15 based on surrounding reports and some measurements

The dude that reports it is on Twitter..This is where it came from

@WX1BOX Here is the view outside my house in Shrewsbury MA where I measured 12.5" total pic.twitter.com/fgTBqsIVEC

I'll have to wait until later to see the pic since I can't view twitter at work.

Our friend ma_blizzard measured like 9 inches in Shrewsbury. Combined with 10" in ORH and the 6" report in Westborough (which seems a bit low on the other end), the 12.5 seems a tad high, but who knows.

I'll have to wait until later to see the pic since I can't view twitter at work.

Our friend ma_blizzard measured like 9 inches in Shrewsbury. Combined with 10" in ORH and the 6" report in Westborough (which seems a bit low on the other end), the 12.5 seems a tad high, but who knows.

It looks like a foot..but it also looks like it's right under a roof or something

Not surprisingly, no one managed more than 8" and even some of the towns that "did well" like Collinsville couldn't even manage 10:1! 

Interesting, I seem to remember that being said a couple days ago.

We did manage 20:1 for the duration up here though. 11.6" at PWM from 0.57".

Interesting, I seem to remember that being said a couple days ago.

We did manage 20:1 for the duration up here though. 11.6" at PWM from 0.57".

I wonder if the ASOS had trouble catching some of the snow...like in BOS, I am doubting the liquid equivalent. I was here yesterday and back in today for work and the stuff isn't 25 or 30 to 1 snow...its def light, but looks more on the order of 15 or 18 to 1. And I'll add it does look like at least a foot fell...so its not like it looks like 18 to 1 after it compacted to 8 inches.

10.5 inches total. Compacted since. Had a drift that completely covered my car up to the windows on one side. Pretty cool stuff. Frigid too.

Went to bed around midnight with 7-8.... Didn't do that well coming down the home stretch.

Bob seems to have done a bit better than me, which makes complete sense with him being further east.

It snowed really hard for a good time last night, thought we may have better to show. Awesome storm nonetheless, won't ever forget this one even with snow totals not being huge.

Archived