northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 3-6th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice hit for the GTA. A good 5-8" via the GFS with colder temperatures. 

That cold outbreak after it, wow. Massive LES outbreak too. 

This is sounding so much like the January 16-17, 1994 storm which was followed by a massive arctic outbreak.

I was a little concerned to see the GFS track the low slightly further west though.

This is sounding so much like the January 16-17, 1994 storm which was followed by a massive arctic outbreak.

I was a little concerned to see the GFS track the low slightly further west though.

Actually its a bit further East as it takes the L over Lake Ontario as opposed to right over the GTA. 

So sick of these I-71 dividing line storms.

yea it's insane.  Although it is not unprecedented for these close situations to end up further southeast with the low track ending up thru WV and WPA....nw trend is possible but not a given especially with the incoming airmass.    March '08 and Dec'04 were both originally slated to be further west.

that being said, I admit I'd rather be sweating for a nw bump than a southeast dip

Out to hr 48 on the Ukie, S/W digging slightly more than GFS, already 1003 low over west TX. It will definitely hold serve with the 12Z foreign camp if not come in stronger and perhaps somewhat west.

EDIT: Yep, hr 60, 1006 over N AR. snows into Chicago and SE IA, heavy snows across much of MO.

I havent even bothered with this storm since we had our 3-day snowstorm going on. Now that its done, the snow is shoveled, and I can relax...it just hit me. if this storm pans out...the snow depth...WOW :wub:

Was wondering when you were going to comment on this system.  ;)

You'll probably end up with a snow pack like everyone in this area has.

Archived