northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 3-6th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GGEM looks about the same as the GFS and the 12z Suite. Maybe a touch further East. However, the PV digs a bit further south. 

GEM trended west on the latest run. LP tracks from 1002mb over S IL to near fort erie and up west of Montreal as a 995mb storm. Would be looking at some mixing issues with that setup.

GEM trended west on the latest run. LP tracks from 1002mb over S IL to near fort erie and up west of Montreal as a 995mb storm. Would be looking at some mixing issues with that setup.

Yes, the differences in this run is that the system is a bit quicker but also a bit northwest.

Actually, based on the precip charts, the mixing stays confined towards the Niagara region. The GTA sees all snow on the GGEM. 

And my mistake. The black and white charts can be hard to decipher especially given the lengthy time frames between each image. 

I see no reason why not ILX is going to issue a WSW watch for a good chunk of their area. Most likely not their NW zones. It's looking great especially with the good ratios as some have mentioned.

We know how ILX likes to wait until the last minute for things lol.  I would def. expect LSX to though.

Actually, based on the precip charts, the mixing stays confined towards the Niagara region. The GTA sees all snow on the GGEM. 

And my mistake. The black and white charts can be hard to decipher especially given the lengthy time frames between each image. 

Your right... taking a closer look at the 6 hourly maps the centre of LP actually travels from cleveland to buffalo and we do stay as all snow. Really nice hit actually but YYZ is riding the line very closely with mixing line along the canada/U.S NY border.

Your right... taking a closer look at the 6 hourly maps the centre of LP actually travels from cleveland to buffalo and we do stay as all snow. Really nice hit actually but YYZ is riding the line very closely with mixing line along the canada/U.S NY border.

Yes, but were going to have to monitor possible CAD working in once the precip starts. The aided snow cover and expansive ice coverage over the Lakes should definitely help in this situation. 

Archived